The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Top 5 mountains (or areas) you want to visit…

What are the top 5 mountains/resorts (or even areas/towns such as Hakuba) on your wish list, which you haven’t been to?

I know it’s hard to limit this to 5, but give it a go…

1. Jackson Hole, Wyoming
2. Revelstoke, BC
3. Innsbruck, Austria
4. Verbier, Switzerland
5. Alaska… anywhere

There’s so many others I’d like to get to one day, but these probably have me the most interested right now.

1. Niseko (and nearby mountains eg. Rusutsu), Japan
2. Hakuba, Japan
3. Whistler
4. Big White, Silver Star or Sun Peaks for family
5. NZ club fields, just out of interest

In no particular order

rider26 - 23 July 2014 04:46 PM

1. Jackson Hole, Wyoming
2. Revelstoke, BC
3. Alaska… anywhere
4. Chile… anywhere

Deleted Innsbruck as I have been.

Its a place to put on your list for Europe planning. It’s a university town so cheap! And so pretty and quaint!

#Absolut Park - Flachauwinkl
#Whistler
#Revelstoke
#Mt Hood
#Mammoth, since i do have a season pass LOL

this thread is great, can use it as a travel list for when I’ve got time and money, would love to visit everywhere that people have listed so far but my 5 are.

Whistler.
Mammoth mountain
somewhere in France… maybe Chamonix
somewhere in Japan, (already went to Hakuba, maybe go there when the Happo banks par is open… or anywhere else really)
and finally, probably Vail.

It’s a shame that snow park NZ closed down a few years back, otherwise that would be on my list for sure.

I am person can I recommend Meribel over Chamonix

And Aspen over Vail..

-Jackson Hole
-Revy
-Absolut Park
-Snowpark (bring it back plz)
-Smiggins

ozgirl - 23 July 2014 08:18 PM

And Aspen over Vail..

I’ll have to check those out then. I haven’t done much riding outside of Aus and NZ (or research really) so I don’t really know much about which resorts are the best, I’ve just seen a bunch in video clips and heard stories from people.
but yea thanks for the advice. I’ll hopefully pick a resort to visit over January/February so I’ll check those two out along with pretty much everything. haha.

deanobruce - 23 July 2014 08:46 PM

-Smiggins

LOL

Hey, that groomed run of speed is glorious!

Sat morning its on again…

1. Niseko
2. Whistler
3. Mammoth or Lake Tahoe area
4. Europe somewhere - either Austria/France/Switz or all of them!
5. Queenstown (Doing this in 3 days time!!  grin )

StamfordKid - 24 July 2014 07:47 AM

5. Queenstown (Doing this in 3 days time!!  grin )

prepare thy wallet

haha for what in particular?

It’s just that there is a LOT of stuff to spend your money on in Queenstown, especially if you’re going out to eat/drink every night.

1. Niseko - Japan
2. Arpa - Chile
3. Whistler - Canada
4. Jackson Hole - US
5. Cardrona - NZ

Alaska didn’t make my list just yet because I understand you need a high skill for that steep face. Alaska would be the pinnacle of riding for me.

iamaperson - 23 July 2014 08:50 PM
ozgirl - 23 July 2014 08:18 PM

And Aspen over Vail..

I’ll have to check those out then. I haven’t done much riding outside of Aus and NZ (or research really) so I don’t really know much about which resorts are the best, I’ve just seen a bunch in video clips and heard stories from people.
but yea thanks for the advice. I’ll hopefully pick a resort to visit over January/February so I’ll check those two out along with pretty much everything. haha.

Aspen was awesome (so was Vail). Probably my two favourite mountains in Colorado. Although Aspen is SUPER expensive. We stayed in the “hostel” and it was like $100 a night. Vail has huge amounts of terrain over three areas. Definitely worth checking out.