The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Boardworld Meet up, Sydney City ~ Walking Distance of Central

spaz - 20 July 2014 07:25 PM

New avatar Azz!  thumbsup

You like?
Unreal what you find when you google,

“Why does Jeremy love bananas so much”

drc13 - 21 July 2014 10:46 AM

Completely off topic but while talking Japanese in Sydney has anyone found a really good Okonomiyaki? but I’m yet to find a good Okonomiyaki out here and I crave it!

This is what I am on the look out for too!!

But since i can no longer eat it I am more about finding a recipe to cook at home now.

ozgirl - 21 July 2014 12:39 PM

It’s kind of all over the shop I agree. But its Delicious!!
Are you coming?

Whilst not as silly as Jez’s weekend in the middle of winter plan, the city on a school night could be tricky for me.

ozgirl - 21 July 2014 12:41 PM

Completely off topic but while talking Japanese in Sydney has anyone found a really good Okonomiyaki? but I’m yet to find a good Okonomiyaki out here and I crave it!

But since i can no longer eat it I am more about finding a recipe to cook at home now.

Hah well I very nearly messaged you the other day figuring you’d know a place.

Recipe wise is it just the flour you need to avoid? If so I wonder if switching for almond or coconut flour would work.

drc13 - 21 July 2014 12:59 PM

Whilst not as silly as Jez’s weekend in the middle of winter plan, the city on a school night could be tricky for me.

Last time wasn’t a late one (like 9pm?), if you don’t want to pay for parking in the city you can always park at mine? Its a very short bus ride home. You can also crash if it makes it easier?

drc13 - 21 July 2014 12:59 PM

Recipe wise is it just the flour you need to avoid? If so I wonder if switching for almond or coconut flour would work.

yeah heaps of alternatives for the flour. But I have just got to find a recipe to play with. All the ones I have found just don’t look right. Can’t put my finger on it.

We should just organise a Japanese cooking fest one day!

Azz - 21 July 2014 12:40 PM

smile

Whatcha smiling at?

ozgirl - 21 July 2014 12:41 PM

Quick google and look what i found…

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2009/08/03/1249152553722.html (but yes a bit dated)

That top pic looks pretty tasty!

Been eatin this a couple times a week as its gotta be my favourite Japanese Combo for a home cook up!!!!!

Karaage, Hijiki, Sesame Beans, Broccolini with Oyster/Soy/Mirin, Steamed Rice, and Sake!!!!! (Usually have Tamago in the mix as well, along with Lotus Root Chips)

Just got delivery of more Hijiki from Japan, so I can keep the addiction flowin!!!!! LOL

I’m down. Pretty sure Oztag is over for the season by then smile

Roll call? Cause I am assuming I have to make the reservation?

Azz & Tambo
Rider & Michelle
Kim
TJ
Lano (+1?)

Maybe
Dolph
Surferguy (+1?)

Can do at this stage.

ozgirl - 22 July 2014 08:47 AM

Roll call? Cause I am assuming I have to make the reservation?

Assumption = Correct kiss

Just realised that i have classes on Tuesday from 6-9. It’s only at UTS so will be able to come past after

ozgirl - 21 July 2014 01:05 PM

We should just organise a Japanese cooking fest one day!

Mizu Kuma - 21 July 2014 03:06 PM

Been eatin this a couple times a week as its gotta be my favourite Japanese Combo for a home cook up!!!!!
Karaage, Hijiki, Sesame Beans, Broccolini with Oyster/Soy/Mirin, Steamed Rice, and Sake!!!!! (Usually have Tamago in the mix as well, along with Lotus Root Chips)
Just got delivery of more Hijiki from Japan, so I can keep the addiction flowin!!!!! LOL

After seeing this I think the old bloke has earnt his invite to the cooking fest!

I agree but getting him to Sydney is even harder than getting you here!

Hmm maybe thats your ploy - getting Mizu involved and it will never happen!

thinking

I’ve booked for 10 ~ lets fill those seats!