The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What’s ya Number 1?????

What’s ya most cherished Run/Park/Break?????

What’s the first spot that brings back good memories that make ya wanna do it again?????

Any continent, any ocean!!!!!

My favourite “area” would be several different runs or areas off Peak Chair on Whistler Mountain. This area has become my happy place. So much epic terrain to shred with fresh snow. It would be very difficult to limit this answer to one run. It really depends on the conditions at the time.

I’ve always loved surfing in Port Macquarie. Such a great surf spot. Unfortunately I can’t say I’ve ever surfed outside of Australia, so Port Macquarie would be my answer here. There’s something special about Byron Bay as well—Tallow Beach is a great surf spot away from the crowds. I went bodysurfing here and it was epic.

For snow I have only ever been in Australia (got trips O/S coming up though!) and my fav run is Rollercoaster at Perisher. Mainly because when i was learning i was always hesitant to get good speed up, and one day i just said FUCK IT and gunned it down Rollercoaster to keep up with mates, got some good turns, awesome speed and I was just hooked. So much stoke.. Since then I’ve always loved just fanging down it, it always gives me smiles even though there are better runs around.

Ocean however is a different story, grew up in the water and spent so many hours in there.
My favourite spot is right near home at Garie. Had the best sessions ever there with mates, its such a cool drive down and when you are sitting out the back waiting for a set and you take in the cliffs and nature around you, you cant help but love life.
Then you can lock in to a tasty little beach barrel!
Always see lots of fish, plus spotted the odd penguin, seals and dolphins too. My mate got attack by a seal down there, funniest shit (not at the time, we thought it was a shark) blood everywhere, stiches required.
Not to mention parking and walking down to Era/Burning Palms etc

Hm been a long time since I’ve ridden NSW but I used to enjoy the terrain there.  So far this season I’ve been liking Russell’s Runway at Hotham because it’s been a good source of pow even when most of the mountain is tracked out.

I’m a beginner surfer at best, but so far I’ve liked Point Addis near Torquay for its gentle but reliable break and nice beach (which is also a nudie beach further down).

Favorite place to snowboard and place I would love to go back to would be Bruson, Switzerland. Whole place is open and you can make your lines. Found a nice tree run and lapped it. Having two blue bird days with the homies was just magic.

For skateboarding I would have to pick my local park growing up, Buninyong, Victoria. I have some great memories from that park as I used to live across the road from it so I could skate every day. I used to be there all the time and even skate solo later in to the evening. Best time of my life and my first love, skateboarding.

Canada for me, for sure
Garbo on a pow day - whis
7th heaven on a blue bird. Used to love riding sunset Blvd out after work - blackcomb

Fingal fave ever beach. Will move to chinderah one day

Aus: Nothing beats a buttery/wall riding/ speed laps at Falls Creek doing Hoot—>Wombats.

Japan: Niseko - Fresh tree runs and night riding turns off the side of Hirafu.

Snow - A quick rope duck just off a lift at a certain mountain in japow was where i experienced my first dick deep proper untracked pow. its a memory that will stay with me forever and it seems everytime I go back there, its exactly the same.

Skate- probably the original sail yards park in melbs. It was right in the middle of the CBD, sure it was pretty sketchy in parts but its where I spent most days i wasnt at uni and I saw alot of my childhood skate heros demo there.

Surf- Blacknose point in portland. An epic break that we could see if it was breaking from our school bus ride home. My deepest barrel and probably biggest wave ive ever surfed were both caught there.

Snow: Falls Creek park, just cruisy, never too busy and always has an awesome set up.

Skate: Berwick, my local, haven’t skated in about a year, but hopefully start getting out more once the weather picks up. Not the biggest park but it has everything I like to skate.

Snow:
Hidden Valley / Gils at Sun Peaks
The Conifers of Gnarnia at Revelstoke
Apple Bowl at Manning Park
Double Trouble at Perisher

trentradpants - 21 July 2014 06:10 PM

Snow - A quick rope duck just off a lift at a certain mountain in japow was where i experienced my first dick deep proper untracked pow. its a memory that will stay with me forever and it seems everytime I go back there, its exactly the same.

Skate- probably the original sail yards park in melbs. It was right in the middle of the CBD, sure it was pretty sketchy in parts but its where I spent most days i wasnt at uni and I saw alot of my childhood skate heros demo there.

Surf- Blacknose point in portland. An epic break that we could see if it was breaking from our school bus ride home. My deepest barrel and probably biggest wave ive ever surfed were both caught there.

Sail yards! That was a great park and nicely patrolled by YMCA.

rider26 - 21 July 2014 12:49 PM

It would be very difficult to limit this answer to one run. It really depends on the conditions at the time.

This - every resort has a must ski run for me!

And that depends on the conditions.

But man I just love opening the resort and bombing the groomers! Even front valley is epic at 8am! (sorry!)

In Australia, I would have to say my favourite area to ride on a powder day is Michael’s Mistake at Thredbo. It’s super easy to lap really quick on Anton’s T-bar as well.

Oh man, this is tricky..

My fav snow run.. As much as i wanna go back to my roots, ill have to go to the Northern Hem and say Flute Bowl in Whistler.. Just big wide open powder runs. I remember doing this with Rider back in 09. It just sticks in my mind.

Surf Spot.. Macaroni’s in the Mentawis. Some of the best waves ive had in my life

Skate Park.. Back to where it all began, Lauderdale skate park about 30min outta Hobart. Only small, but as a grom, it was beast!

surferguy56 - 22 July 2014 07:37 PM

Oh man, this is tricky..

My fav snow run.. As much as i wanna go back to my roots, ill have to go to the Northern Hem and say Flute Bowl in Whistler.. Just big wide open powder runs. I remember doing this with Rider back in 09. It just sticks in my mind.

Why did Finney not show me this!

I much prefer a bowl than tree’s!

The Big D at Hotham. First lift ride when we moved there, special in lots of ways, met many good friends and Azz there for the first time, the pub’s at the bottom of the run and the lodge is half way up. A beginner run for sure, but one I’ll do every time at hotham.