The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Fyve Give Away, Away

Howdy Folks,

So I won the Fyve give away competition and I have had some items which I won’t be using so I think it’s fair to just give them away back to BW members instead of selling on eBay. I have cleared this with Jez. Winner takes home the raglan shirt and hat, I have the bag and use it every day so that won’t be going.

All you have to do is post on this thread and maybe include a nice shot of your snow season, so I can be jealous. Extra points for a MS Paint or equivalent image

I’ll keep it open til Friday 18th, 2014 I’ll randomise your name in a generator and then post it to you.

Happy shredding!

v

Legend!!!!! shaka

* Most likely either won’t fit me, so count me out!!!!!

Nice one champ,  that’s awesome of you!
Is the hat an otto brand one? They’re a great fit for the larger headed gent such as myself if any other mega domes out there are looking for head wear.

The shirt (raglan) is large but it’s the long style so it should fit you Mizu and the hat is Flat Fitty with label On Top it’s deep for my mellon. It’s around 13.5cm deep measuring.  I wear regular snap backs RVCA and LRG this is deeper than them. Hope that helps.

Whoop whoop fyve gear! Love that stuff.

Thanks man for being willing to give your prize on smile

Pow riding in May on Blackcomb glacier.

awesome!!

Here is a pic of my snow season so far….

Mines the same Stamford :(

Any one else interested in some freebies!?!?!? :D

ill take the hat if no-one else does

Wow that’s pretty cool of you bkrtron good vibes to you!

A fairly uneventful snow season so far by my standards, hoping to kick off the Aussie season in Thredbo next weekend.

Here’s a photo of me taking in the view at treble cone a couple of weeks ago.

Riding TC is uneventful by your standards, ey?  thinking

Some of the best freeriding I’ve ever done in the SoHe was at TC. wink

rider26 - 18 July 2014 01:28 PM

Riding TC is uneventful by your standards, ey?  thinking

Some of the best freeriding I’ve ever done in the SoHe was at TC. wink

Haha ok so maybe uneventful isn’t completely accurate but I only ended up doing a couple of days total on the snow during the trip.

I can only imagine how amazing TC would be on a powder day with it’s steep and wide areas. Some of the moguled chutes over on the basin certainly tested my legs during their first snowboard session in a year.

I tell you what was odd over there, I reckon I was outnumbered 99/1 by skiers (who admittedly rode to a pretty high standard) There was very little in the way of snowboarders on the mountain especially the basin area.

Stunning views though sometimes I had to remind myself to look over my shoulder on the chairlift to take it all in.

Hahaha, I’m just playing with you. raspberry

You’re not wrong. I got to ride TC on a 50cm powder day and it was nothing short of epic! This was several years ago now and I would really like to get back there. Michelle is dying to see NZ, too.

What did you think of the drive up there?

rider26 - 18 July 2014 01:45 PM

Hahaha, I’m just playing with you. raspberry

You’re not wrong. I got to ride TC on a 50cm powder day and it was nothing short of epic! This was several years ago now and I would really like to get back there. Michelle is dying to see NZ, too.

What did you think of the drive up there?

Haha a little bit of me feels guilty for missing “once in a lifetime” conditions on the Aussie slopes but no regrets in going to NZ and I’ll definitely head back again soon and hopefully get a day like you described. I love my Japow but I haven’t ridden anything as steep as some spots I encountered in TC before and with a bit of powder to play with I imagine “epic” is exactly what it would be.

If you and Michelle decide to head over feel free to hit me up for tips on some of the places I went (not snow related but lots of great hiking spots)

Glad you brought up the drive. I’ll be honest after reading about the drive I was a bit nervous going into it as the campervan had been pretty woeful to drive up until that point. I had actually planned on catching a shuttle up the mountain as it would probably have worked out cheaper than my gas guzzler.

As it turned out I arrived in Wanaka too late so figured what the hell lets give this drive a shot…. I loved it!! The van struggled most of the way but wow what a fun drive with spectacular views. I got to the top of the mountain grinning with pride before nearly sliding the damned thing straight off the mountain as I parked on ice. I ended up doing the same drive for the next few days and enjoyed it each time. I did have a moment though where I looked over the sheer cliff face with no barriers and decided to stop fiddling with the radio and concentrate a little more carefully. Now this was all helped by the fact I had fine dry days I think it would be a different story with snow/ice on the road.

I had lots of other adventurous driving experiences during the trip. The scariest being getting stuck in a sudden snow storm which had me driving for a few hours on windy, hilly snow covered roads where the van fishtailed and stuck it’s rear quite a few times even with the most gentle of braking and downshifting, one of the scarier drives I’ve ever had.

I also drove it on 30km of unsealed farm land roads shooing away unfenced animals and crossing 9 water filled fords on the way to the rob roy glacier in the mt aspiring national park.

Good times, but without doubt when I go back to NZ I’m either getting a small sports car to really have fun on the windy roads or if it’s winter I think something AWD/4WD preferably in a diesel (petrol prices are out of this world) would be the way to go.

Haha, good times indeed.

I did all the driving when we were in NZ and most days our 2WD required chains. It definitely requires constant concentration but overall it’s not too bad.

It didn’t help my confidence that a couple of weeks before the trip a 4WD carrying Australians fell off the road with a tragic outcome. downer

Still, I feel safer behind the wheel rather than being a passenger in a minibus or whatever.

drc13!
Winner PM me your address.