The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Tight-Ass Tips for Snow Trips in Oz

I bought a thermos and put hotdogs in them in the morning with boiling water and bring them up with bread in my backpack, leave the backpack somewhere and then eat it somewhere on the hill.

I usually just go hunting…I often track down backpacks hiding in the bushes with a pocket full of hotdogs and bread, mmmmm so tasty and costs nothing   tongue wink

dr86 - 16 July 2013 12:28 PM

I bought a thermos and put hotdogs in them in the morning with boiling water and bring them up with bread in my backpack, leave the backpack somewhere and then eat it somewhere on the hill.

Bahahaaaaa!!!!!

That is just plain freaky!!!!!

CRACKERS - 16 July 2013 01:12 PM

I usually just go hunting…I often track down backpacks hiding in the bushes with a pocket full of hotdogs and bread, mmmmm so tasty and costs nothing   tongue wink

I usually take a Hot Dog Stand with me, and that way I can not only have a cheap feed at Lunchtime, I can make a few extra dollars at the same time!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 16 July 2013 02:51 PM
CRACKERS - 16 July 2013 01:12 PM

I usually take a Hot Dog Stand with me, and that way I can not only have a cheap feed at Lunchtime, I can make a few extra dollars at the same time!!!!!

smile
Hot doggies… get em while its hot.

trentradpants - 16 July 2013 01:18 PM
dr86 - 16 July 2013 12:28 PM

LOL  LOL  LOL  joy

A good option would be crackers which are loaded with butter and salt, cheese and some salami. It’s always a family BBQ special but they are very easy to transport and carry around.

I’m heading up to the for two days in a few weeks. Going to try out some of these tips.

bkrtron - 16 July 2013 06:59 PM

A good option would be crackers which are loaded with butter and salt, cheese and some salami. It’s always a family BBQ special but they are very easy to transport and carry around.

Yeah, but where are ya gonna stash the bottle of Red?????

Mizu Kuma - 16 July 2013 07:02 PM

Yeah, but where are ya gonna stash the bottle of Red?????

hahah hmmm maybe get some of those bladder ones for cooking.

Here’s a specific tip.  At Hotham, food in the cafes can be a little pricey ($20 for a burger anyone?)  Downstairs at Swindler’s you can get a medium-sized bowl full of roasted and steamed veges for $6.  Add in, say, 3 dimmies, apply Hero Pass and you’re away for well under $10.  Grab a free glass of water from the Basin side of the bar.

And eat on the deck and watch people eat shit in Basin Park. Cheap food, free entertainment LOL

trentradpants - 16 July 2013 01:18 PM

ahhhh radpants…I wish I was rich enough to give you a dollar for every single time you made me LOL  like that….hahahaha

I’m heading up to the for two days in a few weeks. Going to try out some of these tips.

Eat the wagon wheel!

K2_TeacherBoy - 16 July 2013 09:26 PM

And eat on the deck and watch people eat shit in Basin Park. Cheap food, free entertainment LOL

Yeah, there was plenty of that going on!