The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Tight-Ass Tips for Snow Trips in Oz

TJswish - 03 July 2013 12:15 AM

Yeah I don’t get chocolate.
It’s so anti climatic.

Yeah agree it’s just empty calories. Fine for a rare treat but I often get the guilts after eating it (my limit is usually a tim tam every so often)

It’s just not something I’d want to be chowing down on each day on the mountain, reminds me to look into healthy on the go snacks even if it is some form of DIY bar. I’d rather have the nice wrap for lunch and save myself for a nice dinner.

I do tend to come back from Japan each time with a weakness for cake and desserts though so I’m no saint!

How are your homemade protein bars coming along DRC??

ozgirl - 03 July 2013 09:20 AM

How are your homemade protein bars coming along DRC??

Haha funny I had just edited my OP mentioning I’ll have to reinvestigate it.

When I quit the gym a few months ago I polished off the last of my Vanilla whey protein so haven’t had any since and I’ve been snacking less often. I do have a new 2.5kg bag (ironically chocolate flavour) still sitting in my cupboard though so I’m on it!

I wouldn’t waste the first go using protein powder actually…

Perfect your recipe then add it.

Haha I’m not a massive sugar eater but love my chocolate (mainly in the hot chocolate form)  we also do muesli bars and take fruit (mandarin, apple etc)  also mixed nuts are good,  but not that great on chair lifts.. And usually require you to remove your gloves.

h0z I love your enthusiasm to packed lunch but man you choose some weird food to put in your pocket….

Curious how the wraps hold up in the backpack… and a mandarin???? I can see that ending in tears in my backpack and when i ski’s I don’t fall!!

ozgirl - 03 July 2013 12:55 PM

h0z I love your enthusiasm to packed lunch but man you choose some weird food to put in your pocket….

Curious how the wraps hold up in the backpack… and a mandarin???? I can see that ending in tears in my backpack and when i ski’s I don’t fall!!

Apart from when snowboarders run into your head?

exactly!!

Bloody snowboarders!!

Haha small yoghurt or storage container protects the mandarin! And if I’m up to it I peel and wedge it before I put it into the container lol!

and usually it stays in the locker anyways

I’ve got a locker at Blue Cow, so lunch, drinks and snacks are always ready.

Get noodles in a bowl / cup and use the hot water from the coffee machine at Blue Cow Bistro.

Otherwise eat when you get home

O and season pass are now only for children aged 4 and under. We got caught the year monster turned 5, thought we had another freebie. TIGHT ARSES.

To save cash we always go in like a group of 6-10 and rent a house for the week, that way we have the luxury of having a full kitchen and large fridges for cooking and beer, i usually take my ps3 for the night time when me an the boys get pissed and play street fighter, fifa etc, we save heaps of money doing this as opposed to going to the pub.
Also as we always go thredders, and the car park is so close to friday flats we take thermos’s full of hot soup which is usually heaps filling and the money saved on food on the mountain is put towards better things like beer!!

Vetski - 03 July 2013 08:09 PM

O and season pass are now only for children aged 4 and under. We got caught the year monster turned 5, thought we had another freebie. TIGHT ARSES.

Oh that’s stingy.  Still 5 at Hotham.

No one has mention camping yet some im gonna throw it in there….. thredbo diggings is free camping, also carpool down dinner is as cheap as a can of soup and a garlic bread cooked in the fire and get a season pass dont buy lift tickets….. at the end of the season its 200$ and then 500 in may….. thats only 7 days of boarding to use it up… i had to pay 1500$ this season and im already $400 down on it… its not even mid season.,

Season pass
Camp
Carpool
Soup and garlic bread for dinnner
Bring cereal and lunch from home.

i go to the snow for the weekend for about $150

There is a whole thread on camping Alex!

But still some good tips there! thanks

ozgirl - 08 July 2013 05:52 PM

There is a whole thread on camping Alex!

But still some good tips there! thanks

Haha true Story but i thought it came it would come into “tight ass tips” quite comfortably hahaha