The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Who doesn’t give a rats arse about team sports?

Ah yes… team sports!

I was a very agreeable spectator at the local rugby yesterday… the Narrabri boys did awfully well… U18’s 110ish-40ish 2nd Grade 70 something to 40 and 1st Grade 76-20ish. As you can see my knowledge of the scores is somewhat vague.. this is because I stopped paying attention to the scoreboard when it became clear they were flogging them.

Ive also been asked to join a netball team.. something some of my friends found quite hilarious… but im excited!

Yay!

Rhi - 05 May 2013 06:24 PM

Ive also been asked to join a netball team.. something some of my friends found quite hilarious…

This! LOL

hahaha… thanks Oz!

The laugh at me too!

I think its why it has taken 2 ish years for tj to ask me to fill in at Oztag! LOL

I hear ya Oz!

Although I dont know why they all laugh at me, last time they got me to fill in I played shooter and got something like 27 goals!

I do, however, understand why they dont ask me to play touch… last time the ball was flying at me, i squealed, ducked and waited for someone else to catch it!

ozgirl - 05 May 2013 05:25 PM

played a team sport (oztag last Monday)

Rhi - 05 May 2013 08:08 PM

I do, however, understand why they dont ask me to play touch… last time the ball was flying at me, i squealed, ducked and waited for someone else to catch it!

I played touch for several season. I told them when I first filled in that I didn’t know how to play… they didn’t believe me til the first time I got over the line with the ball and got ‘touched’ and lost the try teacherboy

You do know netball is the 2nd most dangerous sport in Australia don’t you?

spaz - 05 May 2013 08:32 PM

You do know netball is the 2nd most injury prone sport in Australia don’t you?

Injury is a danger.

I did not know that, But after taking up polocrosse where there are horses moving with speed and people (including me!!!) with rackets deliberately trying to get the ball off you i think i’m willing to give it a go tongue wink

spaz - 05 May 2013 08:35 PM

Injury is a danger.

yes but can also be interpreted as level of severity, the likelihood of dying in netball is very small

good to know

spaz - 05 May 2013 08:35 PM

Injury is a danger.

Nope, injury is a consequence.

spaz just got chucky’d

yes, that is now a thing