The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Spreets

Does anyone use it? Apparently they have heavily discounted gift vouchers for Thredbo. Looks to good to be true so I thought I would Suss if BW has seen them.

cant say ive ever used them, just had a look at the only one i can see is the perisher 2 day pass w/ accom

used spreets before for some food voucher…they are fine to use
cant see thredders deal though…only the perisher one

http://www.ourdeal.com.au/escape/deal/the-station-a-perisher-property-two-night-accomodation-and-two-day-lift-ticket

its ok but
Valid for travel periods from: 8 June 2013 to 27 June 2013 & from 1 September 2013 to 6 October 2013. Must book by 26 June 2013.

hmmm seems spreets has become a referral site now LOL

It was groupon, Missus got it wrong.

Northern Lights - 28 April 2013 06:40 PM

. . . heavily discounted gift vouchers for Thredbo.

Got a link?

chucky - 28 April 2013 11:28 PM
Northern Lights - 28 April 2013 06:40 PM

. . . heavily discounted gift vouchers for Thredbo.

Got a link?

It’s on groupon. I don’t have the link.

I looked on Groupon. No Thredbo, just a dodgy Australian Alpine Resorts offer.

Google groupon Jindabyne. It’s the third result for me.

Is this the link you are talking about?

http://www.groupon.com.au/deals/travelcity/Australian-Alpine-Resorts/716939392

I have used groupon for numerous times. Always been wary of using them for a holiday though.

2 things you need to watch for this are the following

-Voucher to put towards awesome snow package with accommodation, equipment and lift pass
-Voucher valid for a minimum of 2 adults, minimum of 3 nights’ accommodation; minimum of a 2-day Thredbo lift pass and a minimum of 2 days’ ski or snowboard hire (must be confirmed at time of booking)

So i interpret the above points to mean that you can’t JUST buy Thredbo lift tickets (for example, also note that even though the accom is Jindy you can’t ski Perisher - unless you buy separate lift tix)

You have to buy an entire package for two people. You are still getting a good deal if you take you own gear (and don’t use the rental gear) or if you were a couple and only one of you have a seasons pass. It still might mean you are ahead.

In short though I personally would not get it - but it doesn’t mean it is not right for you.

Northern Lights - 29 April 2013 07:59 AM

Google groupon Jindabyne. It’s the third result for me.

Yeah - Jindabyne, not “Thredbo”.

Here’s a Thredbo deal for the River Inn:

http://getaways.deals.com.au/either-2-nights-249-or-3-nights-375-at-river-inn-thredbo—-ski-in-ski-outjune/sept-deal-for-2-or-3-persons-in-a-room-together-in-a-king-or-tw

It’s a better deal than the one currently on offer for the 2013 Boardworld Shred.

I told Jez about this, so he should be letting everyone know soon.

River Inn are nuts if they let BW members buy that deal thru that site rather than letting us purchase it direct from them. They should match the offer for us.

It is of my understanding that companies have to give 50% commission off the sale advertised to the group sale site.

Hmm tempting.

Is there no more official BW deals coming that will beat that? I need to get rps to sort his leave out so I can lock it in.