The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Who doesn’t give a rats arse about team sports?

The only downside to winter is the passion that comes from fans of NBA, AFL, NFL and the like.

Am I the only one?

excludes the World Cup - the World Cup is awesome - (State of Origin is also acceptable)

I am with you spaz.

Could not give two hoots about footy of any kind.
I only went to my first AFL footy game last year to watch Wildman play.

It shits me how much airtime it gets on TV, on and off season.

ADD A POLL !!!!!!

OH!!!

Are Nascar and V8 Supercar deemed team sports?

spaz - 29 April 2013 05:55 PM

The only downside to winter is the passion that comes from fans of NBA, AFL, NFL and the like.

Am I the only one?

Nope, not the only one. The only team sport I watch in winter is cycling, and the occasional Bledisloe Cup match.

spaz - 29 April 2013 05:55 PM

. . . excludes the World Cup - the World Cup is awesome - (State of Origin is also acceptable)

Which “World Cup”?

There’s no “The” World Cup, as there’s so many of them, for a myriad of sports.

I like all sports, my only gripes is how much some pro athletes get paid.

I love AFL Go to a game most weeks.How on earth do you watch cycling a pack of people riding slowly on a bike down a road. Atleast footballs exciting.

Haters wink

Go the mighty Geelong Cats!!

<—- THIS GUY!!!!

I can enjoy playing things like Basketball or Ice Hockey. They seem a little different from the average. But the whole “Jock Mentality” is enough to make me want to be elsewhere.
The so called “Teams” are rarely good friends. In my experience they are more like borderline enemy rivals. When is that fun?

Snowboarders, skaters and surfers are much luckier to be able to enjoy what they do, and do it with people they want to be around.
Even in competition, they are usually competing against some of their best friends. And even happy to see them take first place.

The second people start acting like jocks in snowboarding and telling me “I’m going to beat you, I’m better than you etc.” I just stop riding with them. Cause I can! Cause I’m not on their team! Then they have to go be a jock on their own, which doesn’t work out so well for them lol.

Haters gotta hate something - nothing better to hate than a bunch of homophobes with their heads stuck up each others butts (I played Pro Rugby League and some Union while I was a professional ballet dancer - way more gays in footy! ~ just sayin)

World Cup = football (soccer)

NO AZZ! motor sport does not count!!! I love motor sport (but I see how it could be a team sport) I’m not a big fan of V8Supercars though - too fake.

Rileyb1 - 29 April 2013 06:27 PM

I love AFL Go to a game most weeks.How on earth do you watch cycling a pack of people riding slowly on a bike down a road. Atleast footballs exciting.

How on earth do you watch a bunch of guys running around a cricket pitch for 2 hours. (kidding) I truely do appreciate all sports if I have to - but “fans” do my head in!

Love the game not the team!!

I’m not a fan of team sports. Mainly because of the jock factor that Andy mentioned and the way the “wankers” are idolised by society and media

spaz - 29 April 2013 06:39 PM

NO AZZ! motor sport does not count!!! I love motor sport (but I see how it could be a team sport) I’m not a big fan of V8Supercars though - too fake.

You should check out this years series, the Nissan’s and Merc’s are not up to speed yet, but the rest of them are still sorting stuff out, been some old fashioned racing, really good close stuff. The New Zealand round was awesome.

Perth this weekend shaka

Oh god I hate most team sports.

Got into the Rugby World Cup when I was living in London because you had no social life if you didn’t go to the pub.

I was in London when the world cup was here so I was at the pub at 6am!!

But nope have NO interest!

Could not care less about State of Origin. Spaz, I suspect your reason behind enjoying it is the same reason I enjoyed the State of Origin is you can’t help but get into it if you live in Thredbo when its on! (well it was when worked there)

I love playing sport, I REALLY don’t like watching sport. Unless I’m in the MCC members at the G, then I love it. But even then I’m only eating Red Rooster and drinking full strength beer.  tongue wink

Billy - 29 April 2013 07:48 PM

But even then I’m only eating Red Rooster and drinking full strength beer.  tongue wink

Tell me more about the Red Rooster and how is the wine list?

Billy - 29 April 2013 07:48 PM

I love playing sport, I REALLY don’t like watching sport. Unless I’m in the MCC members at the G, then I love it. But even then I’m only eating Red Rooster and drinking full strength beer.  tongue wink

I had Red Rooster for dinner tonight!!!!!

Washed it down with a couple of Grolsh’s!!!!!

As for Team Sports!!!!! Sometimes yeah, sometime nah!!!!! Definitely not a devout!!!!!