The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Boardworld Shred 2013 - Dates, Thredbo. Lock it in!

Reminder to all, bring backpack and shovel so we can do a day hike/build. shaka

Im also undecided, should I use this oportunity and bring my DSLR thinking

if im driving 8 hours, you better believe im going to be making the most of it!!
Hike, build, shred. the motto for this weekend.

Keen as mustard, regardless! See you soon friends!

DylanV - 11 September 2013 02:14 PM

Im also undecided, should I use this oportunity and bring my DSLR thinking

Bring it please!!!

You have no reason not to mate

trentradpants - 11 September 2013 02:34 PM

if im driving 8 hours, you better believe im going to be making the most of it!!
Hike, build, shred. the motto for this weekend.

Swap drives? LOL

Hells yea I like your attitude shaka

rider26 - 11 September 2013 01:43 PM

I think next year the Shred has to be in August, even if it’s more expensive. But I think we need to permanently move the Shred to August to guarantee decent riding conditions.

Sounds like a good idea to me mate!  shaka

Going by this thread though us boardworlders are going to make the best of this shred anyway!

So I won’t see proof that you are a real person BnD.. hmmm convenient!

I partitioned for the shred to be in August each year but gave up trying to convince BW it was a better idea. I did think after my efforts in 2011 and the $700 accom bill from 2012 it would be evidence enough to change peoples concerns…
I’m sure it’s BoxHead! He has never seen snow and doesn’t understand the need for quality cover.

I know we (by that I mean I)can find affordable accommodation in July/August for everyone. Cheaper than what anyone of you have paid for your September bookings.

From my viewpoint I can’t fathom why we do September when most of you do at least one peak season trip.

Take it from an old, grumpy, experienced fart:
THE BEST TIME FOR THE SHRED IS THE 2 WEEKS AFTER JULY SCHOOL HOLIDAYS. AUGUST IF WE WANT ALL FEATURES, TERRAIN AND PARKS BUILT.
(booking a cheap place may be more difficult in August - And by ALL parks/features I mean the big jumps Sponars and Karels normally open the weeks following school hols).

Personally, I would prefer a Mexican Shred or even NZ next year.

Mexican Shred I could see, but NZ would be a a Big Stretch oh oh

haha spaz… just chat with brad or kim, they both lived on my couch in whis while they were they and am fairly certain they will vouch for my personhood LOL  and if not…  michelle

NZ shred is something I would be interested in. BW heliboarding for the win, would be awesome.

I am very keen on an NZ trip next year. (even not the officical shred) and keen to organise it too!

Let’s look at it in the New year?

thumbsup  ^^^^^^^

Japan Shred!!!!!

/thread

NBG - 11 September 2013 07:46 PM

NZ shred is something I would be interested in. BW heliboarding for the win, would be awesome.

ozgirl - 11 September 2013 07:56 PM

I am very keen on an NZ trip next year. (even not the officical shred) and keen to organise it too!

Let’s look at it in the New year?

I’m planning on doing 2 weeks in NZ in July next year, suspect you lot wouldn’t want to travel in the school holidays though???