The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Boardworld Shred 2013 - Dates, Thredbo. Lock it in!

turns out they have

I might just pour some gatorade powder in a few brews, trents radicALE now with electrolytes. For when your hiking a hill, or using a drill, building a jump or sharting a dump, a hard earned thirst needs a big cold beer and the best cold beer is VIC, i mean radicALE

beachndogs - 11 September 2013 09:16 AM

hey guys
so due to some shitty circumstances i have going on up here looks like i probs not going to be able to make the shred. am fairly gutted for sure disappointed but wondering if anyone know of some-one looking for a room. i know it’s unlikely this late in the game but i can’t get a refund at the YHA so if any-one knows of some-one who needs one, lemme know as I can transfer it to some-one else. thanks heaps

oh and my booking was from thurs till mon

beachndogs - 11 September 2013 09:16 AM

so due to some shitty circumstances i have going on up here looks like i probs not going to be able to make the shred

Booo! Now who am I going to ramble on with about the two loves of my life the Beach n Dogs?? Hope the shitty circumstances sort themselves out!

TJswish - 11 September 2013 09:17 AM

Maybe this just means we should plan next years shred for August…

I have wondered in the past why the shred’s aren’t scheduled for when the snow should be at it’s best rather than borderline dates. I’m sure there is a logical reason???

Noooo Jess! That sucks the big one!

trentradpants - 11 September 2013 09:20 AM

turns out they have

I might just pour some gatorade powder in a few brews, trents radicALE now with electrolytes. For when your hiking a hill, or using a drill, building a jump or sharting a dump, a hard earned thirst needs a big cold beer and the best cold beer is VIC, i mean radicALE

LOL

Yeah, can’t wait for Shred ‘14!!! Will be EPIC!!!

drc13 - 11 September 2013 11:23 AM
TJswish - 11 September 2013 09:17 AM

Maybe this just means we should plan next years shred for August…

I have wondered in the past why the shred’s aren’t scheduled for when the snow should be at it’s best rather than borderline dates. I’m sure there is a logical reason???

Mainly because we all like having nice-ish weather, wearing hoodies to shred in and cheaper rates / lift tickets.

I don’t know if it’s worth the risk when we are going to Thredbo which has had minimal snow both times we have gone there though.

Also, Greeny can you make sure you shave Sauce bald!!!

think there are reasons why it’s in September.

I believe we had a discussion sometime ago, to include a Mini-Shred in mid July/August time for those who can afford and keep the main one in September period for everyone to attend? Perhaps we can organise something life that for next year?

Tambo - 11 September 2013 11:57 AM

think there are reasons why it’s in September.

Yeah, it was to cater for all budgets so it can be on snow!!!!! (If there is any snow, that is) LOL

To me actual snow and more open terrain represents better value for money, some people are paying a fair bit for a fishing/drinking session!

Couldn’t care less if I’m wearing a jacket or hoodie and if I’m making the effort to travel to the mountains I’ll take cold weather and fresh snow over bluebird! (unless it’s dumped a metre overnight)

We’ve actually got “lucky” if the original date change proposal had gone through (think it made it a week later) we would have been better holding it at the beach (come to think of it that’s something I’d be keen for as well!)

Having said that, still looking forward to the end of the working day tomorrow marking the beginning of my shred 13.

I think next year the Shred has to be in August, even if it’s more expensive. This has to be one of the worst Septembers on record. Even when I was down there in 2006 and it was a horrible season, there was still rideable terrain to the bottom until the end of September. I think we really just lucked out this year, which happens occasionally when you plan snow trips. But I think we need to permanently move the Shred to August to guarantee decent riding conditions.

Merrits and Antons are still open, as is the Basin and Sponars. We just have to make the most of it.

Billy - 11 September 2013 11:36 AM

Noooo Jess! That sucks the big one!

ohh i know hon. fairly gutted disappointed but have a friend who needs me and i just can’t say no.
will just have to come down for a drinking session in the not to distant future. actually was thinking i would just change my flight to somewhere down south in a few months since i can’t refund it LOL

rider26 - 11 September 2013 01:43 PM

I think next year the Shred has to be in August, even if it’s more expensive. This has to be one of the worst Septembers on record. Even when I was down there in 2006 and it was a horrible season, there was still rideable terrain to the bottom until the end of September. I think we really just lucked out this year, which happens occasionally when you plan snow trips. But I think we need to permanently move the Shred to August to guarantee decent riding conditions.

Merrits and Antons are still open, as is the Basin and Sponars. We just have to make the most of it.

Definitely the best plan. Good snow for such a large event is better than saving a few quid.