The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Views on 24 skateboards and folklore?

I was wondering what 24 skateboards are like. And folklore. Pros and cons. And also anyone skated fast times shop board?

I have a 24 board which I won on BW forum. Looks great and is wearing nicely. They are very affordable and the graphics are tight. I recommend them.

Folkore decks are really good. i rode a friends at the park and it was very nice

I have skated the Folklore decks and have been happy with them considering how cheap they are. The cold press is the one you want to go for as it will last longer.

24 seem to be good decks, everyone that has skated one on BW have been happy with them. The graphics as well seem to be fresh.

which ones last long, durable etc?

It depends how often you skate, what you skate and how good you are. If you are doing Ollies on flat then a lot of the decks will last ages. Yet if your hurling yourself down stair sets it differs. The best thing you can do is try out a deck and decide whether or not it suits you and your style of riding as at the end of the day you don’t want other people telling you what to ride, what tricks to do and what style to have.
TT.

Folklore has done a new one that has got a carbon fibre top sheet for $79.95.
The cold press is the best for durablity from the Folklore range. 24 only do cold press.
Other option is the Manton skateboards the SAF decks that are $79.99.
Reason why cold press is better is the fact that it has deeper glue penetration which helps stop the wood splitting and chipping. Decks with carbon fibre tend to keep their shape for longer and are harder to snap.