The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Fracture Decks?

Hi guys. I’ve been skating for 4 months now and I know how to ride properly, how to Ollie, Ollie fs and bs and pop shove it and shove it. So I’m quite comfortable with skateboards and know how to use them well. My first skateboard was a Poison one, which was all right, but few days earlier, pieces of my tail started getting messed up (It has a chip and a crack that will be soon come off and become a massive chip) so I’m getting a little worried about my future deck.
So I’m looking for a cheap deck (I know cheap and durable doesn’t match up well) and found this website called route one, where they sell Fracture decks for £19 (I’m from the UK) + free griptape and wheels for an additional £5. I just thought “it’s great!” but looking at some reviews of the decks I wasn’t really sure. Some say it’s a great deck, some don’t. I just want to know if they are decent, I’m not even looking if they are super good, just decent. So what do you guys think of them? Should it be good for a beginner like me?? And one last thing. I’ve been riding a 7.5 deck, which was all right, but a friend of mine got an Enuff deck (7.75) which suited the most for me,because the tail was a lot wider.The tail and the nose were also almost the same, like you could barely see the difference. Looking at the Fracture decks I’ve noticed that the tail is way smaller than the nose (Correct me if I’m wrong), and the feeling of the Enuff deck was the best, so should I take 7.75 or 8?? (I’m 9UK) Thanks in advance and keep skating!

I have never heard of that brand to be honest. Maybe CJ has an idea. I’m sure he will reply to you soon.

Good to hear you are progressing nicely! Keep up the good work!

Hey Ardent.
Good to hear that your progressing mate, keep it up.
With the Fracture decks, my understanding is that they are done in the same factory as the Jart decks. European pressed boards with a cheaper graphic to keep the cost down. I had one a little while ago and was happy with the way it skated, I mean for the price as well they are better than some of the more expensive decks out there. I liked the bigger nose as it made it easier to do nollie and switch tricks. So for the price mate they are definitely a worthwhile buy. Haven’t had the wheels though so can’t give you feedback on that, but for a fiver can’t complain.
With the size of deck try the 7.75 first before going up to an 8. Always worth doing things like that gradually, as the next thing is if you go to an 8 it is worthwile investing in wider trucks.

Oh that’s all right then as the decks are really cheap so I’ll definetely go for it in a few weeks. I the last few days I though to buy another board just to take the trucks, wheels and bearings and found this used fracture skateboard for £20 which will save me money because fracture trucks cost about £20 and wheels and bearings cost all together £20. I also found this blank skateboard on Ebay from a seller called ruption1 which are brand new and it looked like a decent set up (I’m just looking for trucks, wheels and bearings). What do you think of them? Thanks for the previous reply.

FRACTURES ARE THE BEST DECK OUT THERE I HAVE BEEN RIFING THEM FOR ABOUT HALF A YEAR NOW AND I AM NEVER GOING BACK TO A REGULAR BOARD RECOMMEND THIS BOARD ESPECIALLY, IT HAS BRILLIANT POP

The word on the street

“fracture decks are amazing budget decks!
they do not keep their pop or last as long as a pro deck but at 30% of the cost of a plan b pro model its hard to complain.
Fracture decks dont chip as easily as most budget decks and have a really nice shape with decent concaves.
I by no means an amazing skater (skated about 8 years) but I can with can with confidence say that these boards should suit skaters of all levels. Good for beginners who dont have alot of cash for that new p-rod pro model and for more experienced skaters who are going to skate the bowl this sunday.”

Some people rave about them especially the newer boards which must have had a higher quality development processes. Look in to 24 skateboards or talk to your local dealer. Support a UK skateboard brand just to help out your local scene wink))) I will look in the discount boards all the time in retail stores because of the graphics for some wall pieces or to pick up a cheap good board for my next ride.