The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Pet Thread

Aww such beautiful dogs! I love the look they give you when they want food!!

Going to have to add my fatty head to this thread cos i reckon he’s pretty gorgeous. His name is Marlo (name inspired by The Wire)

Puppy Marlo the day we brought him home:

More recent:

He’s grown more since that photo so i now have a 24kg staffie who still thinks he can fit in my lap

cant imagine not having a dog. They really are the best!

RPS88A - 14 August 2013 10:31 PM

Drc, you can trial having them at yours when Merryn and I finally do our Japan trip lol

Haha by then my walking frame will kill the mood!  LOL

RPS88A - 14 August 2013 10:33 PM

The only issue I see here is that buddy gets too distracted by toys haha I.e. When he knocked the ball out of that kids hand and decided to go for a run with it lol

Haha that was so funny Buddy was 100m down the beach before the kid even knew what was happening. Was so funny until we realised we had the chase him down!

beachndogs - 14 August 2013 10:39 PM

And drc, def get amongst it!! as my name might suggest, for mine, beach and dogs are a winning combination haha shaka

Hense why you feel so at home in the babes thread!  shaka

air180 - 14 August 2013 10:46 PM

Going to have to add my fatty head to this thread cos i reckon he’s pretty gorgeous. His name is Marlo (name inspired by The Wire)

Gorgeous indeed! Love a blue staffy. They can get a bad wrap but every staffy I’ve ever interacted with has been lovely (sometimes they even came across as timid!) So much of it is about the owner.

They were so shit scared of the surf until I got hold of them!!!!!

Dragged them in turn by turn, and now they bolt straight into the surf as soon as they get out of the van!!!!!

They love it!!!!!

air180 - 14 August 2013 10:46 PM

Aww such beautiful dogs! I love the look they give you when they want food!!

Puppy Marlo the day we brought him home:

More recent:

He’s grown more since that photo so i now have a 24kg staffie who still thinks he can fit in my lap

cant imagine not having a dog. They really are the best!

Cute as!!!!!

haha drc,  well played!! sure fire way to get me to keep posting pics of hot chicks yeah wink

oh for sure miz!! that is straight up why i go to the dog beach instead of any other. i just love to watch their unbridled excitement. makes me legit happy smile

and air, you dog rocks!! that face!!  LOL

Yeah, love the staffies! Very cute!

I have mates who have own them, they’re so playful lol but such nuggets sometimes haha one mate has timber flooring and his staffy is ridiculously funny to watch when she runs inside haha

The two labs I now have are a change from my last dogs which were a Maltese x shitzu and a Schnauzer. Whilst I did love them I think I prefer the big dogs, especially when playing with them because u can rough them up a bit more lol

big dogs ftw!!
not to disparage little dogs, but i want i dog i can wrestle and rough house with!!  LOL

Drc,  when the weather warms up we’ll have to take them back to the beach and get a video of them running around to post up but also of buddy using a towel to dry off haha

To explain the towel situation, it was the first time we had taken them to the beach.  Usually after washing them, they get dried off with their own towels. When we took them to the beach and they went for a swim, buddy came running back up and dived straight into one of our towels laying on the beach that we had left to dry off, he was rolling all over it trying to dry himself off but at the same time making a complete mess of the towel and throwing sand everywhere . Thankfully, we didn’t have to use that one to dry ourselves off haha

beachndogs - 14 August 2013 11:03 PM

big dogs ftw!!
not to disparage little dogs, but i want i dog i can wrestle and rough house with!!  LOL

Haha exactly! Could not have said it better!

haha awesome!! a vid of that is def required!!
dogs, all the best part of people, with none of the sh!tiness!

Thanks! smile

drc13 - 14 August 2013 10:46 PM

Gorgeous indeed! Love a blue staffy. They can get a bad wrap but every staffy I’ve ever interacted with has been lovely (sometimes they even came across as timid!) So much of it is about the owner.

yeh Marlo is the biggest sook of a dog! He got rushed by some small white fluffy dog awhile back and tried to hide behind my legs :p and if he hears loud noises outside he goes and hides under the desk.

He’s one of those dogs that gets giddy with excitement every time he meets anyone and plays really well with other dogs and children but a lot of people are cautious of him cos of his breed.

Awesome poochies RPS & Air!!!!

Both Labs and Staffs are hard to beat. Never seen a bad dog from either breed.

A couple of pics of Yuki (Boxer) & Deek (Husky), when they were pups!!!!!

Hahaha awesome!

LOVE both Boxers and Huskies. We used to have a dark brindle Boxer when I was a kid. Such an awesome dog. I reckon the fawn Boxers are the best though. Love them.

We were set to get a husky before we were put on to the Kelpie breeder we got Syd from.

naww what a bunch of sweeties miz!! love them!!!

I am in the midst of some mad dog envy lately haha LOL