The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Best 1st day Snowboarding cure?

Poll: Best way to counter 1st day snowboarding pain
Total Votes: 34
Stretching
Hot Shower
Electric Blanket
Never stop boarding
Other

Strecthing before and after is great, as is a spa or sauna if you have access. But I have to say, don’t underestimate the effect of drugs, namely antiinflamatories!! I chewed these my whole trip and it helped massively. Go for 50mg of diclofenac twice daily. It’s completely safe but make sure you take em with food.

Also isotonic sports drink is good after exercise to rehydrate muscles and facilitates more rapid clearance of all the waste and shit from your muscles. Rather than powerade, you can buy powder that you can make up yourself. Works out heaps cheaper.

Electric blanket… how about a water bed grin I used to own one growing up and mum and dad moved it with them! Pity the last couple of weeks i have been on the lounge room floor! Can’t wait to sleep in it again!

Stay warm and compression leggings!

Hot Shower before dinner and drinks!!!!!

Hot Shower before breaky!!!!!

I am a fan of the old iso drinks through the day as well!!!!!

Anti inflams (Voltarin Rapid is my choice of drug) if any twinges, and Tiger Balm Red for sore muscles!!!!!

(Hot Tub is always a bonus if available)

Beer!

Did someone mention alcohol????

Yep. Booze Fo sho haha

i dont get sore really. beer helps tho

A glass or two of wine, then hop into bed and have some sweeeeeeeeet loving kiss  dance

Now I’m pretty sure that someone keeps mentionin alcohol!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 25 August 2011 05:31 AM

Hot Shower before dinner and drinks!!!!!

Hot Shower before breaky!!!!!

I am a fan of the old iso drinks through the day as well!!!!!

Anti inflams (Voltarin Rapid is my choice of drug) if any twinges, and Tiger Balm Red for sore muscles!!!!!

(Hot Tub is always a bonus if available)

Hehe - pick the, ummmmmmm, ‘not so young anymore’ guy. smile

I’m with you mate, I’ve checked all those boxes already this morning.

LOL

Ahhh, with age comes wisdom, chucky!!!!! Or was it a new found appreciation of pain killers????  cool hmm

Ya gotta love the pain killers!

Did someone mention alcohol????