The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Get ready… commitment thread for preseason!

So although you Austrailians/Kiwis just enjoyed a foggy, slushy and early pow filled season, it’s still bright, sunny and fall here in BC. That being said I realised this morning (through a conversation with shaner) I’m being super lazy for my season preparation! Shane is “running up mountains every second day” and Im doing minor physio on my shoulder!

That being said I’m going to hit this thread with my pre season prep, whether I’m just stretching being lazy, yogging around or hitting the gym, imma post it in here as a promise to myself. Anyone who wants to join me , be it post season come down from AUS or pre season training in Canada, is welcome to.

That being said I’m going to do stretches and P90X ab stuff for the next couple of days, combined with bike rides and running here in Nordic. Next week imma check in and hope to have grabbed a gym membership from the gym across the street.

happy stretching!

Ian

P90X is super popular, but be careful, i see injuries from it in the clinic every week

oh really? id be interested in hearing more… I just do some of the ab stuff that my buddy showed me, but what’s up with it?

anyway, I"ve just been stretching daily and doing ab/core stuff + physio for my shoulder. Totally flaking on the gym for now, probably going to get that going next week. If I don’t you all can call me out..

peace

I miss this time of year… getting strong for the upcoming season. I remember hiking Creekside every day from the time I arrived in Whistler.

Yeah Shane is always super serious about his pre-season fitness. Don’t worry, he makes everyone feel lazy. wink

Shredlife - 02 October 2009 02:39 PM

oh really? id be interested in hearing more… I just do some of the ab stuff that my buddy showed me, but what’s up with it?

anyway, I"ve just been stretching daily and doing ab/core stuff + physio for my shoulder. Totally flaking on the gym for now, probably going to get that going next week. If I don’t you all can call me out..

peace

its just aggressive, people who are out of shape try to keep up with it and think they don’t need rest, just listen to your body if something hurts back off a bit and get some rest

funny you say that..

the ab program has been murdering me, ive been backing off after 3 or 4 days in a row, then resuming when feeling alright

as well, ive tried to keep all my workouts weight free thus far , trying a bunch of modifications on theroband excercises etc that ive got from my physio…

anyway, gym stuff starts this week, anyone else in whistler training for the season besides shane and i?

Keep us updated on the results.
I’m curious.

Not in Whistler but will be back in the gym tonight now that uni is over for the year.