The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Are you training for the upcoming snow season?

Have you started training yet?

What training are you doing?

Do you have any pre-existing injuries?

I will be back this season to answer questions and to give advice on the forums.

If you have any questions please let me know.

I can’t wait to ride my new snowboard this season!

Becky. smile

My soccer training is basically my preseason training for winter. Cardio and plyometrics generally. This year trying isometric routines with rubber bands.

Will do the occasional trampoline sessions as well. Snow specific investment is a vew-do balance board to help my balance and core. I’m naturally unco at balance so hopefully this helps smile.

I have an Indo board and I really like it. I have found that if you ride it (the board) at a 45 degree angle to the roller, it simulates snowboarding really well. I use it to loosen up my too-stiff ankles (plus it works my abs)

For the DIY balance trainers, gaffer tape up a 2 litre bottle really well and see-saw on it with any old skateboard deck. I concentrate on centering, controlled side to side, even spins when i’m feeling over confident :o)

i have been training so hard this summer. Bicep curls (of sorts) with beer for the upper body. Dancing after said beers for the core conditioning. And then walking home dehydrated and drunk after aformentioned beers and dancing ensures my balance is kept up to its peak performance.

The following morning a surf works off the excess calories from the kebab on the way home.

And repeat. :D

To put simply, no.

I do alot of wrestling, a bit of weights and running.. its a good work out for body overall and for the knees specially

definetely pushing everything and anything to make me a stronger rider this winter…i just need to keep the consistency in getting to exercise and it will help…

here’s a question - am not one for gimmicky stuff but have have any of you ever tried a power balance band (http://www.powerbalance.com.au/index.php)...i just got one a couple of days ago and i could swear that it does work…at the same time i question whether it could just be a placebo?

guess the snow will tell in a few months time…

I know a few people that wear one and they say it works.

I have also been told you shouldn’t wear them at night (one of the symptoms is nightmares). Not sure how true that is though.

I might give one a try and see how it goes…

cool…been told not at night and not in the water (guess the last one is obvious)...

need to work more on my balance so looking at getting an indo board or a bosu or something like that…

Pow wow, if you get an indo board, get the set with the roller and the cushion. The cushion is great for watching tv (balancing on it, as opposed to sitting on it ha ha)

tks gamblor…

do you know if indo boards are only online order or can you check them out in a store…i live in sydney…

I’ve seen them at Balmoral Boards. I’m not sure if they still carry them.

not sure how it is in Oz but here in Japan it was cheaper for me to order from the japanese ebay site than to buy from a store.
I do it nearly every day. At first I spent my time learning the different moves, but nowadays I just balance on the cushion while watching tv before bed. I only do it for 5-10mins and my legs/knees/abs & ankles feel it the next day (maybe I’m just really weak!)

just doing some running, about 10km at a time
will start doing some lunges and stair sprints when it’s a bit closer to the time
I have an ITB issue in by right leg which causes knee pain if I do too much

zhenjie - 02 May 2010 12:09 PM

My soccer training is basically my preseason training for winter. Cardio and plyometrics generally. This year trying isometric routines with rubber bands.

Will do the occasional trampoline sessions as well. Snow specific investment is a vew-do balance board to help my balance and core. I’m naturally unco at balance so hopefully this helps smile.

Soccer pre-season trraining has been tough this year, as well as the ongoing fitness stuff we do. I feel as though I’ve gained a lot of core body strength as well as cardio fitness as a result. Hopefully it will be enough.

4 different sporting activities a week (when it doesn’t rain), ride the push bike 20 mins each way to work and doing a 6-10km run once a week.

All combined with an absolute shit diet raspberry