The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Favourite goggles?

C J Parker - 18 August 2009 10:07 PM

I have this issue with their sunglasses and goggles. Either too narrow for my eyes or sitting funnily on my nose. I’m not sure if they still have many with it but the swivel clip digs into the side of my head

they have changed some of the designs on the outer side of the goggles. von zipper feenoms, dragon rogue or mace may work for you. as you seem to know nothing worst than having ill fitting goggles.

Im not sure if Oakley still have this but online, they used to have “asian fit” goggles. I dont need them but i know someone who had trouble finding a decent goggle until he tried the asian fit’s.

I guess that the Asian fit, would be a littler smaller design?

snowslider - 19 August 2009 07:54 PM

I think they have a different curvature overall, and more/thicker padding across the nose bridge so there are no gaps which normal goggles might leave due to most asians having a flatter nose bridge?

Oakley Asian Fit - click on the goggle tab

bangabain - 19 August 2009 08:13 PM

I think they have a different curvature overall, and more/thicker padding across the nose bridge so there are no gaps which normal goggles might leave due to most asians having a flatter nose bridge?

That is interesting.
It is bold to do so… but the truth is that typically some races have different face shapes as you have described.

Interesting that they did that. The face contoured goggle would be nice though and a smart move by them in my opinion.

Yeah that’s exactly it. The goggles have more padding in the nose area of the goggle to close the gap. It’s actually a very good idea, and a few companies are now making Asian fit goggles.

asians have smaller noses, generally also smaller faces

snowslider - 19 August 2009 08:24 PM

That is interesting.
It is bold to do so… but the truth is that typically some races have different face shapes as you have described.

Its ridiculously frustrating trying to find a decent pair of sunnies that actually stay on my nose without sliding off whilst im walking…..

Mine would have to be the Dragon dx or the Spy soldier.