The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

UNION BINDINGS

As mentioned in the binding section I have sold union bindings, struggled to sell I should say because of how unknown they are at the moment. But with anyone I have spoken to that has owned the bindings I hear nothing but good things about them. So I am dedicating this to hear about UNION bindings good or bad. Please let me know.

Just sold my Union Contact bindings. I found the build quality of them to be great for the price. Easily one of the best value for money bindings out there. Buckles/ratchets weren’t as nice as Burton bindings I thought, but my experience is with Burton C60 bindings, so tough to compare $600+ bindings with $300 bindings.

The reason I sold them was because it was way to soft and unresponsive for my liking. I’m sure a park rat would absolutely love them though. Great to pair up with soft noodly boards.

I really liked the ankle straps. The toe straps didn’t suit my boot well, I couldn’t ever get it working as a toe cap style strap.

Having said that, I’m looking for Union Force or Data’s next year. Reviews about them have been great overseas.

My mate rides them & says he has found the perfect binding. I’m yet to have a go with them

while I really liked the burton 2011 malavitas, the union forces were so much better. I’d really like a pair but my current bindings show no signs of dying…

I would love to ride Unions again but their cap straps suck on my boots :(. plus they dont do canted or dampning footbeds to help my poor old knees :(.

Love the tech videos Johann does on the C3 blogs. http://c3-superpro.blogspot.com/
really lets you get to know the binding you are buying.

I personally wouldn’t use any other binding for my Chemical Storm boards. I have tried the Contact (great for rocker setups) and the Force (free riding) in testing of our prototypes. They are well-made and incorporate some great technical features.

Cheers for the feed back on this thread. I did push to sell it this year in the store but other staff members didn’t want to have it. So we are finally getting Union in. I think it is great how much research is put into the product and the fact that they get the product really well done.

It wold be great if your store did sell Union Bindings. From a retail point,  I think they would have a high stock turn because of their excellent reputation for design and build quality. I am hoping to work with the peeps from UB in terms of cross-branding with CS. All my team riders will be on UB. 

I am sure we’ll hear more about new products from SIA over the next week or so.

Capita and Union have done some colabs and look awesome. I am sure something can be organised with the Union folks as they are big on snowboarding and board/binding interaction.

Good to see a Aussie snowboard brand getting out there and trying to make something for us.

CJ - Unions are rad, working at Melbourne Snow Centre we trucked through them.  Plus Cadet DLX’s are $239 next year - can’t beat that for an entry level binding

Just make sure you use locktight on the screw joins… I find that they get loose really easy :(