The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

anyone riden the new YES boards?

With all that I’ve said and read on this, I’ll say that I would rather put my money into a “standard” board with lame graphics that I can just cover with stickers if it is from a company made “BY riders FOR riders”. rather than buying from K2 or some brand that may just be cashing in, even though the boards may actually be better in some ways.

I guess I’m just conscious of where I put my money, and I know I dont live my life like this with every penny I spend, so I suppose I am a hypocrite in many ways, but I’d rather eat at a mom & pop owned restaurant than a chain store too. But you might find me at a chain store from time to time.
I just think it is important to represent the little guy.

I dont expect everyone else to, and I dont look down on others who do, but I think that by voicing my opinion on it gets people thinking. and if by that it causes someone to be a little more conscious about where they spend the $ than good.

for example which snowboard shop do you spend your hundreds of dollars at? The ski shop? or the snowboard shop?
Hmmmm.

But a lot of that has to do with many other variables as well, I know. and where the shop is located, of course…