The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

gloves

I have a friend - a family of four actually, they all use them.
They like the wrist protection.
The dad of the family started to stray away from using them… yea… he broke his wrist soon after.
So he’s back to using them all the time, his wife and his kids all use them, all the time.

I can speak for the outer shell and warmth and water repellent factors, but they all like them and have bought numerous pairs.

EvanL - 06 July 2009 12:48 AM
treynolds - 05 July 2009 08:03 AM

I was riding with a pair of Dakine’s but I am interested in going leather this year.

Anyone have any nay/yay experiences with leather? Had alook at ESS the other day and saw some POW gloves that looked pretty sweet, around the $120 mark.

I have a pair of Dakines. Not sure of the model name, they are about 3 seasons old now though.
They have a leather underside to the palm, fingers and thumb and a gore-tex top side.
Awesome gloves, keep my hands nice and warm and i just give them a top up of nik-wax at the start of each season.
I ride about 15-20 days a season and they are still in great condition.
I’ll definitely be going leather again. They seem to be a lot tougher than any other material.
I have a mate who bought some Burton gloves last season with a synthetic palm, and after 7 days riding the thumbs are all torn up already.

i also have some leather gloves. Will never buy a non leather glove again. So supple.
i have the burton rpm glove

I’ve always used Dakine and never had any problems with them.  I use the womens Comet as they are a slim fit and movement isn’t restricted.

For spring or warm days I use Grenade park gloves.

The newest issue of Snowboarder magazine (I just got it) has an ad for DROP gloves.
I’ve never owned a pair of DROP, but I like many or the designs they come up with.
Well, a new glove looks like it has no cuff - it is called the vacII - and on first impression it looks like a pipe glove.
I dont think it has a cuff at all, like it is just a stretchy pull on… NICE design!

I got Burton Leather Pipe Gloves for around $80 at Phat Snowboards in Canberra. The leather is nice and soft and the glove moves well and fits perfect. They are very warm, but I never get a sweaty hand which is a first! I wore them for a full day recently playing in snow and the gloves did not feel wet afterwards at all. Everyone else I was with though had freezing cold hands from their gloves being wet.

I love Burton’s pipe gloves, I have 2 pair myself.
I actually have to restrain myself from buying so much gloves. I think I’ve got like 8 pair or something. it’s kind of overkill… and I’ve not bought a pair for a couple years.
I just try not to look at the gloves when I’m in the stores.

I wear dakine gloves ... the bronco, or when its cold (-15ish or cooler) i wear the cobra. I like Dakine as they use gortex and are low profile ... so your sleeve goes over them (thats what are the cool kids are doing).

KEEP YOUR RECEIPT ... dakine gloves need to be warrantied quiet often, but they are en easy company to deal with.

If you looking for some sweet park/spring gloves check these out, made right here is Falls Creek!!

Radical Gloves

Best of all they are 35 bucks! buy 2 pairs!

Nudge - that’s awesome, thanks for sharing.
So tempting… being the freak about gloves that I am.
I’m looking into cost for shipping to the states etc.
nice simple slim design.