The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Into the fall line…

Hey first time posting, any advice would be appreciated!

I went snowboarding for the first time in a while this weekend (local dry slope) and I was having major problems getting the board to point straight downhill

The main issue was every time I tried it the board swayed slightly towards a toe edge turn, making heel-side turns almost impossible (I made a couple of genuine attempts ending in disaster) although I still had problems getting the board into the fall line when going from toe edge to heel as well

Can anyone offer any advice as to what I might be doing wrong?

I should point out im a complete beginner that had lessons a few years ago and have only just started thinking about getting back into it.

Cheers!

Hey spendalifetime, welcome to Boardworld!  cool smile

Can you please clarify what you mean by:

The main issue was every time I tried it the board swayed slightly towards a toe edge turn, making heel-side turns almost impossible (I made a couple of genuine attempts ending in disaster) although I still had problems getting the board into the fall line when going from toe edge to heel as well

I think you are having problems making a turn from your heelside edge to your toeside edge, right? Linking turns from one edge to another is commonly the hardest step for a beginner snowboarder - so don’t stress, we’ll get you there. I am more than happy to help you through your problems, just need a bit more information so I can assist you properly.