The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Is this much overhang going to be a problem?

Hey,  I posted a thread a few months ago asking for advice on what sort of equipment to buy, and like an idiot i didnt listen well enough to purchase the right sized board.  It looks like im going to pay for that now.

From what i can tell, my board is not wide enough and my toes hang over too much.  I purchased these items online, knowing quite well that it was a dumb idea but i was thinking more with my wallet than anything else.  If i have to ship this back to the place i bought it from, its going to be expensive to the extent that I probably could have just bought them at a local store.

Here are some pics

If i had to guess i would say i need to return this board and buy a new one, but i would rather not if i dont have to.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

It shouldn’t cause any problems. I would move the bindings back at least one notch towards the heel edge. It looks to me like you have more toe than heel overhang, so shift the bindings towards the heel. With your boots strapped in, flip the board over and see if you have more toe than heel. Once you make that adjustment I don’t think it will cause any problems. After the adjustment, again with the boots strapped in, tilt the board onto the toeside edge to see how much angle you can get before the boots hit the ground. Do the same with the heelside edge. If you’re making fairly decent angles before the boots hit, then you should be fine.

What size are the boots? What model and size is your snowboard? Also what angles are you putting on your bindings? (i.e. front binding and back binding angle). Looks to me like the binding attached is close to zero degrees. FYI you will have less overhang if you angle the bindings a bit.

Read this: https://www.boardworld.com.au/snow/content/category/stance-and-snowboard-setup/

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the quick response!

The problem is i that in this pic the bindings ARE moved back as far as they go.  The Boot is a size 11 Burton.  The snowboard is a Rossignol Circuit Snowboard 155 with a 24.8cm waist.  The Bindings are listed at as M/L, which according to the-house.com should accomodate boot sized between 8-13. 

As for edge angle, My back foot probably wont have much, but my front foot will be something like 45 degrees, maybe a little less.  I can lean forward in them a good bit.  I am still somewhere in the beginner/intermediate skill level, so i dont expect to carve too deep.

Thanks again

EDIT:  45 degrees may sound a little bit insane.  Consider that a testament to my lack of knowledge.  Consider it more of a 15 degree angle.

Please don’t put 45 degrees on your front binding. Have you tried riding with such a drastic angle before? If you are beginner/intermediate start with something like 18 degrees. cool smile

What bindings are those? It doesn’t seem right that they can’t move further back if they are M/L.

I find the easiest way to see if you have your boot/binding central on the board is not to look from side or above like in your shots. Strap your boot in to the attached binding then look from under neath. Its heaps easier to see the toe/heel difference

rider26 - 23 February 2011 02:21 AM

What bindings are those? It doesn’t seem right that they can’t move further back if they are M/L.

they do look a little small in the pic as your toe is right off the binding bed. Does it have an adjustable toe bed/ramp to extend it forward?

Even so, a medium or large binding on a 248 waist should sit a lot further back when moved all the way back towards the heel edge.

Wow.  Totally didnt even realize i could adjust the bindings for the boot size.  I just got these things today and just spent enough time with them to realize they didnt fit right.  I looked again and noticed that they were set for a size 8, which is clearly too small.  I adjusted them to 11, then set the bindings on the board at the widest stance as far back as i could.  Flipped the board and this is what i got.

Im feeling like you have all just saved me a $50 shipping fee and tons of hassel. 

What do you think?

Looks good to me. I think that will be fine.  cool smile

I wasnt expecting to get this resolved here so quickly.  I am very impressed!  Thanks again to all of you!  I will be thinking of you while i am sliding down the mountain on my face!

No worries, enjoy your shredding!  cool grin

Glad it worked out. Enjoy your new gear smile

Another satisfied customer smile

Jeremy has already covered it, but yeah that will be fine.