The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Working out before i start to snowboard?

I’m not completely wimpy. i mean i guess muscle-wise, i’m average for a 15 year old girl. should i start working out a little before i learn to snowboard next winter?

Personally I find stretching and core strengthening to be most beneficial, pre season. It certainly can’t hurt to do a bit of strength training before you start riding. Anything that strengthens your core and/or lower body would be good. Bike riding and hiking are good pre season activities too.

Don’t forget your triceps.. I know a lot of mates notice this as they always sit down to strap in at the top of a lift.

I agree with Rider and Mizu- tho I usually do a few runs before a “warmup” beer tongue wink Before I spent 3 weeks in Tahoe last february I did core and jump training for a month or 2 as I hadn’t been near the snow in two years, made a world of difference as we rode pretty hard. Last thing you want is to start getting the hang of it and run out of energy.

ha thanks all!