The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Scared about riding? more like nervous

well i figure that when i’m in a lesson, learning, i’ll talk to people but once i learn how to snowboard, i’ll be out alone. cause none of my friends snowboard. soooo…hmmm… what do you guys think? (:

The more you ride, the more like-minded people you will meet. None of my good friends from back home like snowboarding as much as I do, but over the years some of my best friends are people I’ve met riding. It’s just the way it happens, if you love snowboarding, you will meet people who feel the same way. Just get out there, have fun, join a Facebook page/group for your local mountain.

When you’re alone, know your limits and learn to stay safe. Plus, riding along isn’t that bad. As much as I love riding with people, sometimes there’s nothing better than being alone and having all the freedom in the world.

rider26 - 29 November 2010 07:51 PM

The more you ride, the more like-minded people you will meet. None of my good friends from back home like snowboarding as much as I do, but over the years some of my best friends are people I’ve met riding. It’s just the way it happens, if you love snowboarding, you will meet people who feel the same way. Just get out there, have fun, join a Facebook page/group for your local mountain.

When you’re alone, know your limits and learn to stay safe. Plus, riding along isn’t that bad. As much as I love riding with people, sometimes there’s nothing better than being alone and having all the freedom in the world.

thanks (: yeah i think riding alone sometimes sounds kinda nice.

Mizu Kuma - 30 November 2010 08:18 AM

For some reason I still get the old ‘butterflies in the stomach’ just pullin up to the carpark if it’s been a while, and yet I can’t explain why because I have no reason to be like that, so nerves kick in no matter what, who or where ya are!!!!

Mizu, that’s like ever lasting love… same happens to me, and i actually enjoy that feeling smile

But yea, snowboardin07, you’ll grow some confidence with the time. and i do also think that starting off on your own is a good idea, it’s going to be much safer, plus you’ll make good friends with people at the snow (don’t worry we don’t bite, everyone is heaps friendly here).

thanks all (: i have no doubt that you guys are friendly (: