The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Jan/Feb 2018 locked and loaded!

While knocking back a few lazy ales yesterday I got a bit carried away and booked some holidays!

The key for us was to try some different places this time around.  Managed to build a pretty good itinerary doing a round trip of Melb -> Canada -> Japan -> Melb for just under $3k pp, keeping it QANTAS & JAL (handcuffed by FF):

Jan 8 - 23 - Red Mountain & Whitewater
Jan 23 - Feb 3 - Myoko & Shiga Kogen

Pretty stoked as Red Mtn & Whitewater are new places for us, but the feedback I’ve gotten has been really positive.

Myoko is proven for insane amounts of snow, however will do 4 days there leaving another 6 days for elsewhere around Nagano. Shiga Kogen gets good reviews from both friends who have been there as well as online - has anybody been here?  19 resorts interconnected by lifts, accessed on the one ticket.  Second highest resort in Japan. Sounds pretty impressive!

I’m also going to be planning a separate Japan trip mid-Feb but that’s yet to be locked away, although will probably head north that time around.

Anyway, if anybody is around these places/times, hit me up for a beer & boarding!

I will be in Hakuba 19th Jan to 24th. Myoko from 27th Jan to the 4th Feb.

I spent a day in Shiga earlier this year. Was good fun. Only stayed at the one resort though. No nightlife at all where we stayed!

Cant wait to get back to the POW!