The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

2017 Rome Sawtooth, Anyone tried??

Has anybody tried this yet? Comparing this to the Rome Agent for a good all mountain board, what do you think?

http://www.angrysnowboarder.com/2017-rome-sawtooth-snowboard-review/

I haven’t ridden the board as I was injured during the SIA on-snow testing, but I did check it out at the trade show. The Sawtooth is a fairly different board to the Agent. The Sawtooth is more directional and will perform as such, and excel in situations in which a directional board is an advantage; powder, trees, general hard freeriding. The Agent is practically a twin (just with a longer nose length); it’s a versatile freestyle board that rides the mountain and the park with equal ease. I own the Agent myself, and it’s just a great all-round board to ride. Stable, fast, versatile, with a lot of pop.

If you’re constantly freeriding, hunting powder stashes, and not riding as much switch… the Sawtooth could be a good option. But it’s not going to be as versatile as the Agent if you have a freestyle approach to riding.

Thanks. Thats pretty much decided it then. I barely ride switch,  just play around with it. Im always hunting that powder and tree runs, high speed carving the groomers. Do little 2 foot jumps here and there but want to get better at that haha

Found a pretty good deal for the sawtooth and rome targa bindings that will do me well I think smile

The Sawtooth rips. I find that the Free the Ride camber is epic for the guy who isn’t overly interested in riding switch on it. It can be done but it’s better with a almost twin/twin board.
Loads of pop in the tail with the turbo rods.

The glass is they use I found really responsive and torsional flex was minimal.

The boards characteristic definitely suit it for carving/powder riding/ trees/ basically it’s less suited for park riding. By all means jump with it but rails and landing switch it’s not ideal for.

The Agent as a board is what I would call and all mountain destroyer.
Poppy, great edge to edge, great for rail lines, park laps. Having that extra bit of nose will help a lot with powder riding but the sawtooth will beat it with the Free the Ride profile.

Both killer boards. If you are looking to advance your park(spinning of jumps and slaying rails) Agent is to go. If you are more of a “mountain guy” groomers and powder on the mind I would be going down the avenue of the Sawtooth.

Cheers

Legend. Thanks. Thats exactly what I wanted to hear. Im sold on the sawtooth then. I dont hit rails or boxes at all. More poeder and trees the better. Ill be buying it in the next few days smile

Picked up my 2017 Sawtooth 157 and Rome Targa bindings, cant wait to hit Whistler and big white soon. Cheers smile

Rad. Where did you score it from?

“Alpine beach” store in central coast Australia did me a wicked bundle deal up smile