The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

ATTENTION ATTENTION:

Whilst most of you are having fun in the Northern Hemi and I’m crying at the burning sun down here, I feel the need to announce that:

1) All 8 forms and 13 additional burden of proof items have been couriered to the immigration agent.

2) I have my upfront medical check this coming Monday.

Crossed fingers and good vibes accepted.
That is all, thank you.

@rider26 @Dantheman @lulu_in_canada  @Shredbettyzoe @Just Giver

That’s awesome, @grunge. Stoked to hear it.

I’ll be starting the residency process shortly as well.

Great stuff @grunge

@rider26 does that means once you get residency over there, we don’t have to let you back in here anymore? I’ll ring the PM and get you put on the alert list smile

@Azz, haha yeah something like that. Truthfully, I’m on my last work visa so I will need residency after this. Michelle is a resident of Australia, and now I need to do the same for Canada. Eventually I might even hold dual passports (will take several years). wink

We welcome @Just Giver we love her kiss
She is a grouse Aussie Hero

Soooooo I just heard from Canadian Immi:

We got your application from Feb, and since then, the specs for passport photos have changed.
Please resend us a new set of passport photos with these specs as per attachment.

WTFBBQ. okay. For the greater good and snow and awesome ppls.

Haha, such a joke. Hang in there, mate!

rider26 - 03 February 2016 07:09 AM

Eventually I might even hold dual passports (will take several years). wink

I already do smirk

Me too, just not for Canada lol

DylanV - 22 April 2016 11:29 AM
rider26 - 03 February 2016 07:09 AM

Eventually I might even hold dual passports (will take several years). wink

I already do smirk

Getting my aussie passport photo taken today (only taken me like 5 years to get around to doing it red face )

Okay… so apparently I AM A DOOFUS.

Under their request for a new passport photograph and a copy of my passport bio page (because they lost this,)

Whistler immigration (our lawyers) wrote:

Please mail the documents to CIC following the instructions in their email below and inform me when you receive a package back from them. CIC will mail you your Confirmation of Permanent Residence forms; when you receive them, I will provide instructions for confirming your status as permanent residents in Canada.

So… uuuh… I am on the home stretch now….. GOSH DARN IT… this makes it alot sooner than I thought…. which means I have to rejig my plans… we’ll see how we go.

edit:
FYI I only realized this when I had the opportunity to chat to the wife, who called me an idiot for not fully reading the email. (I’m in a pretty stressful place atm.) So yes, yes I am an idiot.
An idiot who will soon be where we wants to be 4 years ago! =)

grunge - 05 May 2016 02:52 PM

Okay… so apparently I AM A DOOFUS.

Under their request for a new passport photograph and a copy of my passport bio page (because they lost this,)

Whistler immigration (our lawyers) wrote:

Please mail the documents to CIC following the instructions in their email below and inform me when you receive a package back from them. CIC will mail you your Confirmation of Permanent Residence forms; when you receive them, I will provide instructions for confirming your status as permanent residents in Canada.

So… uuuh… I am on the home stretch now….. GOSH DARN IT… this makes it alot sooner than I thought…. which means I have to rejig my plans… we’ll see how we go.

edit:
FYI I only realized this when I had the opportunity to chat to the wife, who called me an idiot for not fully reading the email. (I’m in a pretty stressful place atm.) So yes, yes I am an idiot.
An idiot who will soon be where we wants to be 4 years ago! =)

Better late than never?!  tongue wink
Congrats!!!!