The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Snorkel Squad - Boardworld Presents

Boom! it’s the one week countdown.

We have assembled a crew of riders that are some of our favourite people to snowboard with and are stoked to announce our partnership with Boardworld for this latest film project.

Tim Nelson, Jeremy Burns aka Rad Gloves!, LPR ( kiwi shred legend ), Matty Galina, Richie Carrol and Clint Allan will be doing the boarding with us over in Japan very soon.

In the meantime stay tuned to this feed for more updates.

Snorkel Squad is coming soon!

Tim Nelson is so much to snowboard with!

Riding for Yuki Threads, K2 Snowboards and Radical Gloves he’s already been over to Japan this winter warming up for our trip.

Ok gang give it to me straight!

We’re looking to get some insight going from the BW Members community.

If you’ve been to Hakuba before what’s your favourite bar? and what’s your favourite chairlift to ride?

Insider tips have REWARDS! We have a couple of Limited Edition Sticker Packs for best tipper over the coming week.

Mr Olliepop - 29 January 2016 11:42 AM

If you’ve been to Hakuba before what’s your favourite bar? and what’s your favourite chairlift to ride?

Just had our first 5 nights ever in Hakuba. We stayed in Goryu. Tracks bar is the place to be there, apparently, although we didn’t go - we like to save our yen! Plus, our backpackers had a vending machine with a mystery button….chuck in Y100 and out comes a random alcoholic drink!

We rode Goryu, 47, Happo-one and Iwatake. All of them have their good points. The park lift at 47 (I think they call it Chairlift line A-B is the best fun if you want to ride park (plus none of the other resorts seem to have much park stuff up yet due to the crappy start to the season - looked like Happo was starting to build theirs when we were there yesterday, though).

When we had pow early in the week we rode Goryu and 47 and enjoyed it. If it had snowed again - like it did overnight- I think we would have gone to Iwatake and or Cortina (but not Cortina if it was the weekend!)

Good luck and have fun. We’re in Myoko Kogen now and it has been snowing since lunch time…let’s hope it continues all night!

Cheers for that Cords! Stoked on the insight!

I thought when you started a thread called Snorkel Squad it would be about @Warren Chapstick

Have not been to Hakabu, I think @Mizu Kuma or @MizuKuma  (Not two of the old bastard!!!) is heading there this week or next. He is an opinionated old git, he’ll have plenty to say about it. mizu

This is awesome, @Mr Olliepop. As always, stoked to be involved with Olliepop Films!

I was in Hakuba many years ago, and I’m trying to remember the names of the awesome bars/restaurants we went to… I’ll look through some old photos and get back to you.

As for riding, there’s some awesome sidecountry terrain and trees at the very far rider’s leftside of the resort at Happo-one. Definitely some of the best riding we did while I was there. Just be careful not to go too far left or drop down too far are you can get stuck at the dam wall (I know, and it’s not fun). Speak to those in the know before you drop in.

Holy Moly its been a hot minute since we got this thread started and last posted. Hopefully you all have seen the instagram of @olliepop_films popping off.

We’re editing up a storm right now so hoping to drop the first instalment or a teaser within the week for you guys.

Our trip was amazing. while short and sweet we happened to score the storm of the season. 2 epic bluebird days at happo one and two epic tree-boarding pow up to your waist days at hakuba cortina! yeew

Can’t wait to check it out! shaka

Azz - 03 February 2016 07:04 AM

I thought when you started a thread called Snorkel Squad it would be about @Warren Chapstick

Have not been to Hakabu, I think @Mizu Kuma or @MizuKuma  (Not two of the old bastard!!!) is heading there this week or next. He is an opinionated old git, he’ll have plenty to say about it. mizu

Nah mate, was on the North Island!!!!!