The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Capita x Spring break Powder Pill!

Hey whats up Boardworld! First post, lets get it on.

I’ve been snaking around your forum for a while and it was your thread on the YES 420 that had me pretty firmly set on buying the 420 for my trip to Japan in 15 days.

BUT, I stumbled across this Powder Pill.

Eat the pill, eat the pill.

Does anyone have any experience riding this board? I neeeeed some verification from someone that it is a weapon to ride before I go ahead and change my mind.

It has a pretty severe rocker on the tip and tail that makes me think it would wash out if I dropped any half decent cliff and I was a little too far back on the tail. I’ve done rocker boards. Shan’t be going there again.

What ever board I do end up buying (420/Powder Pill) I will make sure to take video footage and get a personal review up, just to repay the favour of all of the insights from people on here.

Thanks!

May the pow be with you.

Hey ABC
Looks like a pretty amazing powder board I was going to try the Slush Slasher as my resort board last season however went with a K2 Carveair. The reviews I have checked out on the Powder Pill looks like this is serious weapon in POW and you have got me thinking this is my second board for Japan in 2017. If you have a surf background this might be worth pulling the trigger on if the price is right as they are quite expensive however not as expensive as a Gentemstick, I rode the second and third season 420 and was blown away and this year rode the 2020. Which is then best out of the YES is still questionable as they all rip better than you can imagine in the trees not sure how the Powder Pill will go in the open I guess this is for you to try out. So if you got the cash it might be worth the investment.

Look at this review:
http://thegoodride.com/snowboard-reviews/capita-spring-break-review-and-buying-advice

Check out my experience on the 420 & 2020 on vimeo a few weeks ago

Hey whats up Nigel!

Yeah it was your videos and reviews that set my mind on getting a 420! Thanks for that, its so hard to find decent amateur rider information on boards.

It was actually something you wrote underneath your review of the 2015 420 that had be questioning my decision. You said that it felt a bit ‘squirrely’ when you were blasting down the open face after you came out of the trees….obviously due to its short length no doubt.

Thats why i’m leaning towards the powder pill. I’m hoping the extra length will help stabilise it on those big, steep open pow fields. But I’m not sure you know, it’s a bit of a gamble. So many people love the 420 but i cant find anything on the PP.

The 2020 took everything apart the open bowls, trees and chopped up snow. The run I did on the 420 was very open and I was surprised it lost it a on speed hence loosing an edge and blowing out. The PP from what I can see is a a very different board and looks like it will handle anything. By the way which resort are you boding so I can give you the heads up.
I did go back to my Gentem Bigfish this year after 3 days on the 2020 for some serious snow surfing which looks like the PP might give you a similar ride for a cheaper price.

Yeah I looked up the Gentemstick’s after they got mentioned on the 420 thread but they are super pricey ey! Obviously a work of art in their own right but not for me at this stage.

Yeah the PP its pure surf orientated right, thats why i’m worried it might not be able to handle cliff drops and big airs (I’m intending to get sendy!) because they may just be made for cruising and slashing.

Have you seen the 2016-2017 420 they are bringing out? I’ve only seen one picture of it and I cant find that picture anywhere again but they have took the ‘powder hull’ tech of the 20/20 and put it into the 420 shape, enabling them to bring the waist width in and keep the float! It looks super nice from the picture i saw. A white colourway design for a graphic too!

We are heading to Hakuba for 10 days. Any tips you have would be much much appreciated, amigo.

Unfortunately I only ride Hokkaido I was nearly going to Seki Onsen this year and I am glad I didn’t due to a slow season down at Honshu this year. I heard YES was going to mix the 420 up for 2017 however the stock might released about July. I think you should give eh PP a go if its under $500 its worth the punt. Love to hear how it goes please message me would love to know the feedback as I am always looking for something new.

Hahaha are you starting your own snowboard shop? Holy shit dude, that’s some stash.

The PP is for sure not under $500…...try $900. It’s ridiculous amounts to pay for a snowboard but the 420 would be $745 so its much of a muchness if I make the best investment.

What does the K2 Care air ride like?

And yeah i’m thinking Hokkaido is the place to go, they always seem to get heaps of snow right?

You can get the 420 for $629 off Jez on this site,  probably better than $900 for the PP are you in the US or Australia. You will not be disappointed in the 420 the board is so much better than any resort board to ride in Japan.
Yes I have have a bad disease for snowboarding got to be ready for anything.

The K2 Carveair is probably the best resort board I have ever rode so good to get back to camber after riding rocker which was fun however good to get back to carving with a mix of freestyle the board rips.

By the way I am looking at snowshoes to get me out of the area we ride at Rusatsu, just trying to get away from the tracked out lines.

Yo! Did you end up buying the Powder Pill? I’ve had a look at some videos and it looks like so much fun. I’m a surfer myself, so it caught my eye big time when Capita collaborated with Spring Break. I’ve been to Japan a couple times, but I’ve always just ridden my 158 Hybrid Camber board which is a good general all mountain board - but it’s a pure twin and a little heavy. Super interested on finding out how this board works in the pow and on the runs from someone who’s an intermediate rider..