The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Board Tuning

Hey people,

Got myself a YES 420 and getting it ready for Japan just a question about tuning the edges.

How is it done with the pointy nose?? Is is the same as a normal board??

You’re not tuning the nose of a board.

skip11 - 30 January 2016 11:55 AM

You’re not tuning the nose of a board.

sorry de tune the nose

Same thing. You only tune/detune up until the contact points. So it doesn’t matter if you have a pointy nose or a blunt nose, it shouldn’t effect anything. So it is the same as a normal board.

No need to touch those edges for Japan as you will be very unlucky to ride anything but powder and packed powder on groomers. Do however use a cold wax something like a a Swix CH6 “-6c/12c” and you will be dialed.
By the way you got a great board there you will be blown away, I used the 420 for the past two Japan seasons and rode the 2020 this year.

I wouldn’t detune it at all. If you do, only use a soft gummy at the contact points, but in my opinion it’s unnecessary. @fatima4u, make sure you let us know how it all goes! Stoked for you! shaka

I just had my 2nd year in japow on a 420 and i havent touched the edges from the factory and for already mentioned reason there is no reason too. I love the board and it kills it in Pow, you’ll have a blast!!!