The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

First board advice

Eveo - 09 October 2015 12:47 PM

Hey guys,

after the invaluable advice I received on this forum , and countless hours of research, I decided on the YES Typo which I purchased from the Boardworld store. The advice and customer service would honestly have to be some of the best I’ve encountered, next level (hence the reason I purchased through them, as they earned this sale), I’m extremely thankful for the help Jeremy (rider26) and Mizu Kuma. Can’t wait to hit up some Japow on this board, I’ll be sure to give an update!

Cheers,

Eveo

Absolute pleasure, mate! Time to rip some pow! shaka

Nice one, Eveo!!!!! thumbsup

Make sure ya come back to let us know how much fun ya have on it!!!!!

* And don’t forget pics and/or video!!!!! We all love seein pics and video!!!!!

Oh, and incase ya didn’t know, I don’t make anythin off any sales on BW!!!!!

So rest assured I’m only givin my honest opinion based purely on personal experience!!!!! shaka

Awesome choice mate, i bought the 2016 Typo and rode it the whole season. Such an amazing board, i feel like my snowboarding progressed so much this season and the board is a big reason why. It is solid on the groomers but still super playful. My wife bet me two weeks ago i wouldn’t straightline sun valley from the top near olympic at Perisher and i did it for a joke thinking i would stack for sure, it handled it amazingly and it chopped straight though the spring snow, not once did it feel sketchy. Dropping off features it is so solid on the landings, super easy to ride out. In pow it is predictable and very easy to turn. I think the biggest thing for me is how stable it is at speed and yet still really playful. Before this season i didnt ride fast very often, now i find myself riding fast whilst still playing around a lot. It took me a bit to get used to doing butters on it, but once you work out the pressure points it does it so well. It is especially good at high speed butters, soooo much fun. I didn’t do much park this season as due to my work it’s a big risk i can’t take, but it was super solid on rails, fun boxes, and the 30ft jumps.

I need to stop going on about it, you seriously just bought the best board i have ever ridden, enjoy it mate

EDIT: when i bought the board i was worried with the small setback the board has riding switch would feel weird, i didn’t even notice, and i ride switch around 20% of the time.

Jake - 09 October 2015 09:29 PM

Awesome choice mate, i bought the 2016 Typo and rode it the whole season. Such an amazing board, i feel like my snowboarding progressed so much this season and the board is a big reason why. It is solid on the groomers but still super playful. My wife bet me two weeks ago i wouldn’t straightline sun valley from the top near olympic at Perisher and i did it for a joke thinking i would stack for sure, it handled it amazingly and it chopped straight though the spring snow, not once did it feel sketchy. Dropping off features it is so solid on the landings, super easy to ride out. In pow it is predictable and very easy to turn. I think the biggest thing for me is how stable it is at speed and yet still really playful. Before this season i didnt ride fast very often, now i find myself riding fast whilst still playing around a lot. It took me a bit to get used to doing butters on it, but once you work out the pressure points it does it so well. It is especially good at high speed butters, soooo much fun. I didn’t do much park this season as due to my work it’s a big risk i can’t take, but it was super solid on rails, fun boxes, and the 30ft jumps.

I need to stop going on about it, you seriously just bought the best board i have ever ridden, enjoy it mate

EDIT: when i bought the board i was worried with the small setback the board has riding switch would feel weird, i didn’t even notice, and i ride switch around 20% of the time.

That’s great to hear mate! definitely pumped to ride it, makes the decision even better knowing how good of an experience you had riding it!  What bindings are you running?

Mizu, I’ll be sure to post some pics and footage smile

Hey mate, running Union Contacts.