The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Yea I actually am getting deported…

NNNNAAAAHHHHHHTTTTTTT!!!!!

Goooooooooooooddddd Moooooorrrrrnnnnniiinnnnggggg Whistler!

This is the current view from my bedroom window, in the middle of the village above Maxx Fish cheese
For everyone that has done or is living in whis, the bubble is at an all time small, most of the time IGA is to far away for me LOL

For those of you who didnt understand that last bit, come to live here for a year and you will.

Speaking of which, 3 days ago marks my 1 year living in Canada. If anyone would be so kind as to tell me what the hell has happened and where that time has gone, that would be great…  LOL  beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers beers billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy billy

I’m now done for the bike season as to try and prevent worsening my injured wrist, but what an awesome season it was. It was my first season riding downhill mtb and im pretty proud of how much i achieved. I rode every trail on the mountain, crabapple hits and all.*

Now the weather almost looks like its settled in to fall which brings us into the much loved dead season, where for once you can finally afford to eat at places like mongolie grill, araxi or Nagomi. #whisproblems

Can’t wait to get back on the board and make some silky smooth turns on that glorious pow pow.
As far as work goes for the winter I’ll be behind the bar at Longhorn.

For accommodation I’ll be in the same place I am now, above ingrids and maxx fish, own room, 3 housemates (1 mate from work, 2 girls from ingrids, yay for free ingrids!), $600/month all inclusive.

!!!For all new people coming to whistler, do not, i repeat, DO NOT use this as a guide for price of accommodation for yourself, most rooms in the village and nearby around go for between $1000-$1600!!!!
I have just finally lucked out with a landlord I get along with and see eye to eye with on a lot of matters.

Thats all from me for now, look forward to seeing and catching up with everyone over the coming months. I’m off to watch rugby, play pool and drink beer at Cinni Bear, yes it is 11.30am, welcome to whistler shaka

*For anyone that doesnt know what crabapple hits are here’s a quick clip, believe me when i say the video does not do justice to the size

Fark just replied to this and it got lost somewhere.  Not my morning, left my umbrella in the office last night and murphy;‘s law kicked in hard and I got drenched on the 5 min walk to the office from my carpark. 

Anyways the gist of it was it makes me happy to see mates enjoying themselves, living life and making the most of their young and dumb years.  I’m still holding onto being the most immature mature person I know but responsibility is grabbing me tighter than it used to, sort of.

You and Deano still gunna be there next year?  We don’t see ourselves being able to make it NoHe this season but the following year we have a few plans.

Oh I almost forgot, DCD!

NBG - 25 September 2015 08:52 AM

Anyways the gist of it was it makes me happy to see mates enjoying themselves, living life and making the most of their young and dumb years.

Totally agree with this!!!

Oh man that was good from Jonny… There was a million reason why i didn’t believe it - but thought everyone’s reactions were priceless…

Including my own parents - yes they managed to hear about it…

I actuality think mum said she was going to email you.

NBG - 25 September 2015 08:52 AM

I’m still holding onto being the most immature mature person I know but responsibility is grabbing me tighter than it used to, sort of.

This pleases me too!

Thanks for the update Kiddo! Glad your enjoying it!

Ahhh man you bought a whole heap of memories flooding back from when i did my stint over there with Jeremy.

Such an amazing place, hopefully i get back there sooner rather than later. However it looks like i might be going to Antartica first…. Ill explain that once its all confirmed!

Keep ripping over there legend and please don’t get deported! Yeeeewww!!!

Looks like you’re living the dream mate. Happy for you.

$1000-1600 for a room per month is insane though, you have to really want Whistler to take that (obviously not corp housing)

In Fernie where I’m probably heading, a room to yourself is $400-600. Maybe a bit more for a freaking nice place hahaha

Yes, Dylan! Best post I’ve read in a while. Looking forward to catching up with you soon, you crazy mofo! I’m itching to get back on my snowboard as well. shaka  beers