The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Windows 10

Anyone else updated? Thoughts?

I just went through the process and it was very smooth.

Now that I’m here, not much has changed from Windows 8.1

Yeah they put the start menu back but it still has the massive icons for all the programs… now they are just crammed into a corner rather than full screen where I could see what I wanted.

Honestly it doesn’t look like much has changed apart from putting on makeup onto 8.1

————————————————————

Someone tell me something good about this upgrade so I can be happy lol

Its all about the triple glazing…..

Got it on the home PC, just looks visually different. I have the update ready to run on my laptop but haven’t done it. We lost all our favourites in IE during the upgrade, that’s the only negative.

Favourites were there but were not “imported” into the new IE attempt “Edge” and just needed to be imported for some reason. No idea why it didnt just import as a port of the install. Dont even know where MS Edge stores its favourites now because its not C:\Users\username\Favorites anymore…

Other than that, havent had much of a play in it yet. The upgrade was very smooth though.

^^^ LOL honey can you please hurry up and work out if it is worth the upgrade so I can run it on my laptop

It’s worth the upgrade, just needs a bit of tweaking to make it good.

I’m still running XP over here grin

I actually love it. haha

Haha

Me too!

Hows your tablet going??