The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

fyve??

has fyve gone bust?
anybody know? went to check out the store in pharan, and its non existent, nothing on there website about it.

I don’t think so they are still posting up on their facebook page, looks like they might have moved just to an online store.

https://www.facebook.com/5FYVE/

FYVE had a major sponsor pull out just weeks before the season. Next international order confirmed in November. Decided to step back this season, spend time focusing on new designs and new products ready for next season. Online presence will resume. 

Cheers Clive from FYVE

Thanks for the official response, Clive. You know Boardworld will be ready to support whenever you are ready.

You know me , man with a plan . Thanks BW

Thanks for the update. And stoked to hear your still going!! Was getting worried when the store had been down for so long!  super keen for some new hoodies in the not too distant future - I’m wearing my other ones to death!  all the best Clive! shaka

Thanks for the update Clive. I had heard about the major sponsor, was devo I couldn’t get your gloves. Will try to find some for next season. Best gloves I’ve ever owned. My Celtek Crocodiles are doing ok in the meantime though.

Gone again Clive??  No insta. And your fb page is now shock mansion?? 

Or have you been hacked?

Either way, hope all is good!! 

:(

Clive has moved on from FYVE, and from what I understand, FYVE as we knew it in Australia is done.

I’m not sure as to the full details, but I’ll get in touch with Clive soon to see what I can find out.

I just want to say publicly, it’s been amazing working with Clive over the years. FYVE set a new standard in Australia and the world took notice of this once-small snowboard brand from Australia. Australian snowboarding thanks you, Clive!

Yeh maz asked him… ( ill let him fill you in on details. But long story short. Its now owned by a European company..) 

And I can’t agree more! Fyve (and Clive) definitely helped put Australian snowboarding out there! 

I’m a little devo, have worn both my fyve hoodies to death. And it will be hard to find a decent replacement for them when the time comes!

All the best in the future Clive!  shaka

Damn that sucks.

But a big Well Done for Fyve Snowboards!

As far as I know they were the most successful board makers in Australia. (Can anyone confirm this?)

They have hopefully shown what’s possible for future Aussie companies. I would love to see more Aus companies start up, because we pay so much tax on all our overseas imported gear. It would be great to have a few good Aus brands to bring the prices down and give us someone we can support locally (other than BW obviously).

Bravo Fyve!

I don’t think fyve ever made boards in Australia, I know they had them made in the US to start out with and after they got a bit bigger moved production to asia. (well that’s what im told by those who should know)!
I find the bit about a sponsor pulling out a bit odd though? Im sure the snowboard industry is pretty competitive but I don’t see to many other companies with sponsors, usually the other way around. That said fyve had a big list of sponsored riders and good on them for supporting local talent.
In the last few years snowboarding has really trended back to powder/backcountry stuff in a big way, mostly led by small time board builders, I think that companies invested in the park scene and mass production have fallen back a bit in comparison (which is pretty much all the big guys) You only have to look at the offerings of K2 and burton this season to see they want to get in on the action. I wonder did this have any bearing on what happened?

Oh, I didn’t know they were made overseas. That’s a shame. It would be great for an Aussie manufacturer to take off the way Fyve did.
I know Chemical Storm gave it a good go. Unfortunately they didn’t have as much success.

Oh well. One day Australia will have a brand or two. It’s gotta happen sooner or later right?

It’s a real shame because it was a dope brand and looked like it had great support.

RIP Another Aussie brand bites the dust.

Good luck Clive! May your new adventures are brilliant & kill shit!

Andy Aitken - 09 November 2015 06:29 PM

Oh, I didn’t know they were made overseas. That’s a shame. It would be great for an Aussie manufacturer to take off the way Fyve did.
I know Chemical Storm gave it a good go. Unfortunately they didn’t have as much success.

Oh well. One day Australia will have a brand or two. It’s gotta happen sooner or later right?

Heres 2 , Offshore snow shapes and Catalyst. Both made here in australia. Catalyst couldnt get anymore australian as they are pressed in a shearing shed on a farm that is still used for shearing as well!! He also makes some of the Offshore boards too.