The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Shout-out: Underground Tuning Whistler

Hey guys,

I feel this post is long overdue. I just want to give a proper shout-out to Underground Tuning in Whistler. Over the years, Yohann has become a good friend of mine and Boardworld. Always the professional, always happy to chat and share his knowledge, and even appearing in our how to wax a snowboard video.

Most importantly, Yohann and Oli have regularly looked after Boardworld members with exceptional service and special prices. Recently, I destroyed my snowboard on a rock, gauging the base down to the core. When I did the damage, I wasn’t even worried because I knew how good the repair would be; I took it straight to Yohann at the end of the day. I picked up the board yesterday and I was so stoked with the level of craftsmanship that went into the repair. They went above and beyond, filling in other scratches and bringing the board back to new condition.

They also looked after my friends with some of the best rentals you could hope for: current model YES Hel and Now IPO bindings (other models were on offer).

Anyway, a huge shout-out to Yohann, Oli, and the team at Underground Tuning. Pop in for a visit, drop your board off for a tune and/or wax, and you’ll be as stoked as I have been for the last few seasons. punch

Couldnt agree more. He looked after Dyldo, Imke, jac and myself before the season started.

We brought in mine and Dyldo’s rock boards, Jacs near new HelYes and Imke’s board and skis. He took about 20 mins explaining to us in detail what he was going to do to each board/ski. Was an interesting 20 mins and the job he did was next level.

Will most definitely be using him the rest of my time here. Actually have to take my park board in as i lent it to a buddy and now he tells me the inserts are spinning and the screws wont come out of his bindings   angry

+1 to this.

Yohann’s always been awesome with waxing, tuning and advice.

Not to mention an awesome range of products he has, those ifound beanies are cool, and don’t even get me started on the balaclava and neckwarmers!!! (I found out they’re made by a patented material that the French olympic ski team uses.)

The g/f has had her board base repaired in Oz when she was over, and she wasn’t happy with the quality of work, and bought it back to Yohann to redo.

Always consistent with their body of work. I wouldn’t hesitate to get Yohann and crew to wax, tune or repair my boards. =)

Yep he was super helpful in sorting out Finney and myself last year with demo YES boards and NOW bindings.
Best service

Yep, Yohan’s the best.

Would just like to back up everyone elses positive reviews of Underground. I scratched the hell out of my board coming out of the Blackcomb Glacier two days ago. I took it to Yohann and by the following morning it looked brand new with a fresh coat of wax on it too. I’ll never go anywhere else now for sure. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of it but it was pretty bad.

Bump for Leesha for the waxing video.

few words needed to explain yohann, snowboard fixing wizard pretty much sums him up

I might as well add some feedback into this thread. As you know, Yohann repaired my destroyed base earlier in the season. Yesterday was my last day of shredding. The massive gauge and all the deep scratches he filled in are all still 100% intact. Quite often the p-tex in the repair slowly crumbles and falls out, or it just gets ripped out again. I’ve been riding my board hard for a significant amount of days since the repair. These guys did an AMAZING job on it! I am truly impressed.

These guys did a fantastic job on Jez’s board that I rode while in Whistler. Only down side is if you go in with Jez you’ll likely still be there an hour later!  LOL