The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Hotham 2015

So who’s up this season?  I’ll be there a bit, mostly school hols and every second weekend or so.  Anyone up for opening weekend?

We bought passes, so will be about as much as possible smile

Not sure on opening, if there are lifts spinning, no doubt it’ll get the better or us.

We’re going up to drop some gear off.  Also, DP fireworks are pretty cool! thumbsup

Roll call.

Whos about this weekend?

Sounds like the Summit Trainer, Big D and DP runs will be open, enough to blow the cobwebs out.

We are heading up Saturday for a look see. Any other crew about? Snowboard party on the D I am thinking.

shred  ollie  shaka

Yeah mate, I’m up late Saturday, probably not in time for a slide on that day.  Will stay in touch.  I think DP fireworks is Sun night.

Get up early mate!!!! We have to roll out home about 3:00pm, got a hot date tomorrow night.

Azz - 05 June 2015 04:32 PM

Get up early mate!!!! We have to roll out home about 3:00pm, got a hot date tomorrow night.

Didn’t know Jez was in town?  kiss

Will do our best to catch up.

Super sunny day at Hotham for the first day of the season 2015.
Big D (quad chair) Sun Run (serviced by Playground double chair) and the Summit Trainer (poma, about 50mtrs long, if that) were open. The snowmakers & groomers did a great job to get them open, its only just there. More snow has been ordered, not sure when it will be delivered. Was great to blow the cob webs out, catch up with some mates and see what everyone got up to over the summer. Surprisingly it was pretty quiet up there as far as crew out riding. Lots of folks up to sight see.

The YES, the Greats with the NOW binders are a sick combo, was loving the board for sure. Tambo loved her HEL YES with Flux binders.

Big D

You definitely had the best of it, Azz.  The weather went downhill a bit on Sunday and especially today.  Very windy and foggy today, a bit of melt starting to show.  Managed an hour or so of riding late Saturday and 2-3 hours Sunday.  DP fireworks were good value as usual.

There is a new cam at Hotham, sits atop of the Tunnel / Bridge, 360 views.

http://mthotham.roundshot.com

Don’t click on that link, you will feel very sad afterwards downer

I reckon it’s not that bad for this time of the year.  Hope we get some more in the next few weeks before school hols start.

So who’s up for school hols?

We will sneak up for an odd day here or there (if it snows some)

make sure to let me know - we can go for a Greats run!

re: snow, weather nerds seem a bit unsure.  Some suggestion of maybe something around 29th, or failing that the 5th July.

Countdown commencing for the series of fronts starting overnight.  Weather nerds are calling anywhere from 50cm to 2m.  They are dubbing it “snownami” and I really hope it delivers after all the letdowns so far this season.  Bring it on!