The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Hotham 2015

Mudhoney - 09 July 2015 08:50 PM

Countdown commencing for the series of fronts starting overnight.  Weather nerds are calling anywhere from 50cm to 2m.  They are dubbing it “snownami” and I really hope it delivers after all the letdowns so far this season.  Bring it on!

Snowpocalypse over here at Falls. And if the radar maps are anything to go by, the 10cm last night is nothing compared to what’s on its way!

They are calling this one “snownami”.  Driving home today it was 5 degrees and lashing down on the Hume - very promising!

We went up on Monday, snow was great. Got a few turns in some of the 13cm that fell the night before for up first.
It was hard to fight the urge and hit up most of Heavenly valley that is still closed off. The cover looked great, but watching others cut through into bushes and rocks kept us at bay.

There was a killer hit on the wall of Slalom gully, opposite Imagine. It was a hip hit at the downhill end of the wall. Super fun. It was just hard to get a good run in and out of it with the 1500 school kids mostly from South Oz clogging the place up.

They have had more snow since Monday, so fingers crossed more is open to spread the crowds.

Back up again Saturday shaka

Time to roll out for Planet Hoth!!

So how was it, Azz?

Ohhhhh it was excellent!!!!

Hooked up with some instructor friends that had a day off and we did a little hunting for fresh. The goods were delivered. It was super busy on piste, to the point of stupidity.

Snow is in excellent condition, super cold all day. It held up well. Driving up I was in 4x4 from Cobungra Station.

We need another front with 40cm and its going to be all time shaka

Good to hear.  I’m thinking about heading up next week, watching the next weather system that’s due to arrive around Weds.

Anywhere cheap to stay around hotham and even falls area? Pubs back packers any places recommended?

Sick of of day tripping and doing 5 hours each way just because mates are up there hahaha

Cheap and snow accommodation…..... hahahahahahaha

Try Omeo, Golden Age hotel maybe?

strictlymitch - 21 July 2015 06:03 PM

Anywhere cheap to stay around hotham and even falls area? Pubs back packers any places recommended?

Sick of of day tripping and doing 5 hours each way just because mates are up there hahaha

Come say hi to me and buy me beer and I might let you crash on my bunk in Falls…

Anyone up next week (25/7 to 1/8)?

Well its here! The boardworld crew descends on Hotham from Thursday night!

Lets get excited people!

I’ll get excited when you cook me some Nachos.  tongue laugh

Sorry A team only!

But man you are missing out my Nachos are GOOOOODD!