The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Anyone interested in the Snow Travel Expo on Sunday?

http://snowtravelexpo.com.au/

Thinking I might head down for a bit and check it out on Sunday. If anyone else is going in, might be a chance to meet up.

I am going - Kevin should be going (we need to plan Japow!) but he may be going away with the boys.

I am hoping he is home in time to still go.

Cool, I’ll call you before I head in.

I’m moving out this weekend so things might be a bit hectic!

Going to the Melb one the following weekend

yeah im hoping to hit the melbs one for a bit before i open up the park. Got a rider ive kinda sponno’d in the rail jam.

So how was it?  Anything in particular that was interesting?  Were the presentation sessions worthwhile?

It was ok, talked to a few different resorts and there were some cool Japan / Korean fields I haven’t really seen before so that was cool.

Jackson Hole was on when we were leaving and unless you’d been there, you didn’t really care (at least I didnt.)

Didn’t see any of the boarding but the rail was quite steep and would have been pretty tricky to ride.

Put my name down for the snowboard comp and got some stickers so that was cool.

did you see the Sun Peaks prezo, TJ?

Nah, we didn’t stick around for long. I wanted to go watch the A league final at my mates place and we did some errands before. I did talk to the Sun Peaks people and they have done a few minor things since I was there. However opening the Gils is massive since it was my favourite terrain (and since it’s still slack country, people still don’t make the effort lol)

I went to the Melbourne expo yesterday.  As these things go, I actually found it really useful.  I had a good chat to the Big White, Silver Star, Sun Peaks, Aspen Snowmass and Park City/Canyons people and got some good info.  By the time I had nearly finished at the first stand, the kids had done about 3 laps around the whole place and returned with bags full of freebies.  The boy must have ingested about a year’s worth of sugar intake from lolly hand-outs.  I was slightly disappointed in the Sun Peaks stand as that was the one I was most keen to talk to.  They seemed undermanned and had virtually no brochures (hadn’t arrived on time or something).

The show was pretty well laid out, with stands grouped into regions.  The Euro, Aus and NZ areas were all pretty quiet, US/Canada pretty busy and Japan very busy.  The rail jam was down the back.  I watched a bit of that, then later while wandering up the other end of the hall heard a loud “DING” then a big “whooaaaaa” from the commentator over the PA.

Saw what looked like a very good offer for Tomamu.  Family deal with 2 adults and 2 kids, adults at $1,450 or so, kids about $1,100 for 5 days including flights (JAL), accom (with upgrade), tickets, I think gear hire and breakky.  Couples price was about $1,550.