The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Soft Launch Feedback: FORUMS bugs, design issues, functionality issues

Please leave all feedback and bugs regarding the FORUMS in this thread.

Bugs
Design issues
Functionality issues
Feedback for improvement

Oooooh i didn’t realise there were separate threads for issues of different areas… my bad.

Ok so the “FAST REPLY” button doesn’t always drop down the fast reply box… i can’t really screen shot it because nothing actually happens… for example i tried to fast reply on the other thread that i posted… but can’t.

When trying to search the forums - no matter what i search - i get a page not found.

I searched very obvious things like “surf” “wave” “beach”

Thanks mate. I’m seeing the Fast Reply issue too. Both noted.

Fast reply didn’t work the first time but is working for me now.

When I’ve uploaded an image then try to continue writing after it has loaded I have to tap the dialog box (iPhone) it highlights the last part of the code forcing me to type the code again before I can continue posting.

Maybe it’s my colour deficiency but I find it hard to tell between unread and read posts.

Any reason we lost the page links at the bottom of the page?

I’d love to have one of these so when I want to go back to the main page / group I don’t need to scroll back to the top of the site.

Fast reply doesn’t work when you click post reply / new topic and then click back in Chrome or IE 11.

Also I keep clicking New Topic as it’s in the middle. Can we change it back to how it used to be? Fast Reply / Post Reply / New Topic?

On my phone (yeah yeah the blackberry) I can’t see the buttons to reply at all.

Also the search field is ginormous!

To be honest IMO the whole site is a little on the large side. I have reduced the zoom even on Chrome on my PC.

Page not found error on the confirmation pages when you subscribe/unsubscribe to a thread.
Signatures don’t display.
View All posts by this member when viewing someones profile returns a page cannot be displayed.

Was there a way in the previous forum to delete a post?

No deleting (and I’m not pro delete anyway) but you could edit and change posts.

Page cannot be displayed when trying to save these preferences.
(Might explain why signatures don’t display)

Posts in this area (site feedback) don’t get marked as read when I have read them more than once.

First glance only.  I really like the new main front page.  The fonts on the forum topic listing pages look too widely spaced to me, I’d really like to see more lines of text on my screen.  Also, the font is a bit too chunky which makes it harder on the eyes.