The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Snowboards you want to know more about…

Cheers for the help guys! Ended up going with a Jones Mountain Twin, and I’m so super stoked on it! Charged hard on fresh groomers and handled the chopped up stuff and spring slush great, whether plowing through or having a bit of a play. Such a good board!

Good call, Wizey. I have heard nothing but great things about the Mountain Twin. Thanks for the feedback. I’m super keen to test one when I get to Whistler.

WIZEY - great choice on the twin buddy, thats another epic board for sure.

JEZ - consider this done!

I’m very interested in the Standard, sounds like it’d be a lot of fun especially the directional volume twin. I’ll be keen to try and demo one this coming winter as I’m in the market for a new board, looks like I shattered the core on my current board when I blew out my knee wall

Hey Mizu,

Shreddy is our first Directional Rocker board that Arbor have come up with. It has a 2cm set back but can still be ridden switch. The First advertisements with this had guys shredding the park with it. The System rocker is a combination of 2 things. Grip tech and a traditional rocketed board. This gives the board the float from a rocker but the extra edge hold due to the GripTech. (GripTech are extra contact points under foot. To give the board life they use a Power Play Top. This is a wood that is infused with a resin to give the board pop.

I have only had the pleasure of riding this on groomers. It was still really stable with that bigger tip. It would be an absolute machine in powder.

It runs a sintered base, Hand dyed Ash top, mixed glassing ( triax on the top and bias under the core) and a full Poplar core.

Anything else let me know.

Cheers

Nath
That guy from Arbor, Rome, Northwave and Drake.

nathcosti - 22 September 2014 03:31 PM

Hey Mizu,

Shreddy is our first Directional Rocker board that Arbor have come up with. It has a 2cm set back but can still be ridden switch. The First advertisements with this had guys shredding the park with it. The System rocker is a combination of 2 things. Grip tech and a traditional rocketed board. This gives the board the float from a rocker but the extra edge hold due to the GripTech. (GripTech are extra contact points under foot. To give the board life they use a Power Play Top. This is a wood that is infused with a resin to give the board pop.

I have only had the pleasure of riding this on groomers. It was still really stable with that bigger tip. It would be an absolute machine in powder.

It runs a sintered base, Hand dyed Ash top, mixed glassing ( triax on the top and bias under the core) and a full Poplar core.

Anything else let me know.

Cheers

Nath
That guy from Arbor, Rome, Northwave and Drake.

Cheers Nath!!!!!

After that description, and watchin Scotty Vine in the Pow on one!!!!!

I’m gonna lock one in, and take it to Japow!!!!! shaka

You won’t be sorry, miz. Arbor rules!  shaka

cords - 22 September 2014 06:25 PM

You won’t be sorry, miz. Arbor rules!  shaka

I’ve got a good feelin about this one, so I hope we’re all right!!!!!

Now I just gotta play the waitin game!!!!!  long face