The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Where to buy a new setup around Melbourne?

Where is the best place to go to purchase a new setup around Melbourne? Only places i can find online are fast times and Hemley and neither have much online to tell if its worth the hour or so to drive out there. Any other suggestions in or around Melbourne as there are no shops around Whittlesea.

And how much can i expect to spend on a full setup? I won’t get any expensive light trucks probably just basic indy’s or thunder’s. Wheels i was thinking Spitfire Formula four as they are said to be good but i’m open to suggestions.

Prob round 240 for a full set up.
Definately hit up fast times. Best skate shop in Melbourne. The have a store in CBD, fountain gate, high point, and frankston as well I think. Their online shop is crap but try have everything and more you need.

will the $240 be for a serious setup or just like a beginner one because i’m looking for a good quality one that will last me a while?  I only ask this because wheels on their site are like $60-70 and indy trucks around $100 and even without a deck and bearings it’s more than half way to the $240. 

Depends what I u want for bearings n a deack. Get a fast times deck and it is about 60. They are good decks.
Get good but cheap bearings. Spitfire cheap shots. Shake junt. Bones reds

I will probably go to fast times on the weekend and pick it up.

Also what time do you think is too late to be skateboarding around my street as it is quite loud. But then i don’t know how loud it would be from in a house. Thanks

Hey Riley!!!!!

Check out Boardworld’s Skate Store!!!!!

https://www.boardworld.com.au/skate-shop

As far as goin for a roll in your street, it all depends on your neighbours????? Just keep away from the angry ones, and if anyone comes out of their house to see what’s goin on, just ask them if you’re annoying them!!!!! If ya are, say sorry and move on down the road!!!!! That way at least ya will be givin them no reason to get narky with ya on other occasions!!!!!

Ohh, and Spitfire’s are excellent urethane!!!!!

Indy Trucks on the site are solid metal to bolt them to!!!!!

Royals and Krux are good options also!!!!!

Plus if ya buy from BW, you can always sort out any dramas as the guy that owns the store, is the guy that runs this site!!!!!

I might get it from there, The shop decks look good.

Only thing is they only have low Indy’s but it was a toss up between them and Thunders anyways. Only problem with the spitfires on there is that they don’t have the Formula fours and they where the wheels that sold me on Spitfires.

Any one tried the speed rings i can’t find much online about them but from what iv’e seen there meant to be good.

Oh and Modus abec 3 or ones reds?