The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

WIN 1 of 5 Double Passes to see “The Crash Reel” (Sydney)

See the rest of you at the prem!

Awesome, looking forward to seeing this flick, thanks boardworld

Looking forward to tonight!

Didn’t bring anything BW related to stand out from the crowd :-(

Looks like fatima cannot go. See this thread https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/14006/
possible pass for someone to go

how was the movie??

fatima4u - 30 July 2013 07:15 AM

how was the movie??

Movie was excellent, bit of a tear jerker it seemed as ozgirl went through about 14 boxes of Kleenex.  All I can say is wear a helmet…the crashes they showed were gut wrenching and some of the people they talked to that had multi brain injuries was pretty full on, asking someone to touch their elbow and they point at their knee.

The Q&A with KP at the end was good.  Be interesting to see what Shaun white thinks of the movie as he was portrayed as sort of a villan and a bit of a dick.

Movie was so good.

Not what I expected (story wise), I expected to cry but yeah not the WHOLE way through!

I cried in the opening sequence, cried when they showed the accident the first time. Sobbed when Sarah Burke was on screen talking about Kevin’s accident, and his friends initial reactions. And so many other times. And of course at Rory’s story when Sarah had her accident.

But it was funny too and light hearted and joyous and all the wanky words you can think of.

Please every one watch it.

And now at least i know I have one person on my side when I get snarky about wearing helmets!

And looking after you brain after an incident!

This is an interesting read from the Director
8 things I learned from making The Crash Reel

And this chart please know it and understand it you may need it for you or a friend

I have those symptoms all the time!!!!! long face

But in all seriousness, I can’t wait to see this movie cause it sounds like a good watch!!!!!

Mizu you will love it!

But yeah - notice the word CHANGE!

If you became a nice person overnight I would send you straight to my nuero! tongue laugh

Great stuff guys, thanks for the review.

ozgirl - 30 July 2013 08:54 AM

Mizu you will love it!

But yeah - notice the word CHANGE!

If you became a nice person overnight I would send you straight to my nuero! tongue laugh

Book me in straight away, cause I can’t see the word CHANGE at all?????  long face