The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Crash Reel

Hey guys,

Unfortunately I cant make it to the premiere tonight, anyone got nothing on that are keen???

Re posting here

Movie was so good.

Not what I expected (story wise), I expected to cry but yeah not the WHOLE way through!

I cried in the opening sequence, cried when they showed the accident the first time. Sobbed when Sarah Burke was on screen talking about Kevin’s accident, and his friends initial reactions. And so many other times. And of course at Rory’s story when Sarah had her accident.

But it was funny too and light hearted and joyous and all the wanky words you can think of.

Please every one watch it.

And now at least i know I have one person on my side when I get snarky about wearing helmets!

And looking after you brain after an incident!

This is an interesting read from the Director
8 things I learned from making The Crash Reel

And this chart please know it and understand it you may need it for you or a friend

So you were the girl I could hear whaling the entire time!! Hehe

Yup an amazing and beautiful story! KP is such a fighter! Everyone should watch!!!

I really want to see it. I know I’ll be tearing through the whole thing. I did in the trailer, especially the bit when his brother with Downs said about not wanting him to die. My younger brother has Downs so it really pulled on my heartstrings

Oh my god K2 - David (the brother you mention above) was the coolest!

Its playing at the Melb Film Festival you should really try to get down and see it.

I don’t think It is actually going on regular release.

It will be available on itunes from the 7th of August smile

^^ Cool.

But if you go tomorrow night Brad (or Friday 2nd) Kevin will be there as well.

Tickets here.

http://tix.miff.com.au/session2_miff.asp?sn=THE+CRASH+REEL&s=

Cheers!

I really wanna see it. Hanging for 7th August.

ozgirl - 30 July 2013 09:48 AM

I don’t think It is actually going on regular release.

What makes you say that?

Well the fact that you can’t find it listed anywhere and in about a week it will be available on itunes and DVD in Australia.

Also the fact that it is only showing in film festivals (even in the US) and that it is apparently on constantly replay on HBO in american.

There does not seem to be a “normal” cinema release.

I’ve been looking forward to seeing this.. And was so devo it was only being showed at 6:30 yesterday.. I worked untill 5:45. And wasn’t home.till 6:20..  I knew I wouldn’t be able to get there in time.. So I’m.going to have to wait for August 7

Dyl.. Only dates they have for screenings are the syd one yesterday and a few for melb.. .then it just says iTunes 07/08/13

after hearing oz say its sad.. I’m pretty sure I’ll be a blubbering mess.. And maybe it’s a good thing that I’ll be watching it at home in my room.. Lol

h0z - 30 July 2013 11:46 AM

I’ve been looking forward to seeing this.. And was so devo it was only being showed at 6:30 yesterday.. I worked untill 5:45. And wasn’t home.till 6:20..  I knew I wouldn’t be able to get there in time.. So I’m.going to have to wait for August 7

Dyl.. Only dates they have for screenings are the syd one yesterday and a few for melb.. .then it just says iTunes 07/08/13

after hearing oz say its sad.. I’m pretty sure I’ll be a blubbering mess.. And maybe it’s a good thing that I’ll be watching it at home in my room.. Lol

oh i thought u ment normal release as in after the cinema (itunes, dvd, ect)

I’m stoked you guys enjoyed it. I would have loved to be there. KP is such a champ. I’m really looking forward to watching this on DVD.

Also, we are giving away 10 copies of the DVD and 3 sets of Oakley sunglasses next week. The promotion starts on Monday so please keep your eyes out for that!

I’d love to get a copy of that seein as though I missed out too!!!!!

rider26 - 30 July 2013 02:45 PM

I’m stoked you guys enjoyed it. I would have loved to be there. KP is such a champ. I’m really looking forward to watching this on DVD.

Also, we are giving away 10 copies of the DVD and 3 sets of Oakley sunglasses next week. The promotion starts on Monday so please keep your eyes out for that!

Yeahhhh that sounds good!!!