The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Crash Reel

Just watched it with the GF.  Wasn’t anywhere near as heartwrenching as I was expecting after the reviews on here but we both enjoyed it. 

The same day within about 10 mins of each other Deano and Dyldo both ate shit, Dyldo was full blown concussion with a nice touch of delirium confusion to boot.  Bezer and I just looked at each other and were like, lets get helmets the sarvo.

A couple of times this season it really helped, no I don’t feel as “kewl” as when I roll around with just a beanie but I’m old enough to start wearing cardigans soon so who really gives a fcuk about the fashion statement.  I’ve had a few concussion and they;re not fun at all.

Start a new trend old man!

NBG - 28 November 2013 09:43 PM

Wasn’t anywhere near as heartwrenching as I was expecting after the reviews on here but we both enjoyed it. 

This just proves you are a cold hearted OLD man tongue laugh

Not cold hearted I’ve just seen my fair share of emotionally manipulative TV over the years so my tolerance levels for that stuff are pretty high.  Kinda weird that stuff that gets to me these days, a guy whose been to the top of a sport and then had a life changing accident, whilst I can empathise with how hard it must be to deal with that, in reality KP has lead and will continue to lead a fairly privileged life.  The highlight of that whole film was his down syndrome brother Dave and his struggle with his own disability and despite that how overtly caring he is for his family and KP in particular.

I was teasing you!!

NBG - 29 November 2013 09:43 AM

The highlight of that whole film was his down syndrome brother Dave and his struggle with his own disability and despite that how overtly caring he is for his family and KP in particular.

Spot on. Kevin was knowingly taking risks that could easily end in this way, his Bro however had no choice and lives, cares and enjoys life despite his disadvantages. We can all learn a lot from people like Dave. smile

Yeh the bit that really got to me was when he wanted to board again and his brother got upset talking him out of it…

Azz - 29 November 2013 12:22 PM
NBG - 29 November 2013 09:43 AM

The highlight of that whole film was his down syndrome brother Dave and his struggle with his own disability and despite that how overtly caring he is for his family and KP in particular.

Spot on. Kevin was knowingly taking risks that could easily end in this way, his Bro however had no choice and lives, cares and enjoys life despite his disadvantages. We can all learn a lot from people like Dave. smile

+1

+3.45

Is that millimetres?????

Yeh i’m metric through and through

And don’t forget to continue to vote!

ozgirl - 28 November 2013 11:29 AM
ozgirl - 27 November 2013 11:26 AM

Vote for KP to be Nat Geo Adventure of the year.

Even if you don’t the accompanying article is interesting!

Apparently KP is going to carry the torch during the winter games opening ceremony!!!

http://adventure.nationalgeographic.com/adventure/adventurers-of-the-year/2014/kevin-pearce/

Don’t forget to vote today!

Resurrecting this thread to say

Congrats to The Crash Reel for winning an Emmy today!