The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

First time rider

Worst is when you land on one cheek and it feels like you have torn you butt apart

deanobruce - 30 June 2013 07:53 PM

Worst is when you land on one cheek and it feels like you have torn you butt apart

This ^^^^...especially when you crash on jumps.

Yeah since my butt injury last year I always wear skeletools impact shorts. I still have to admit to riding way more cautiously since as it fkn hurt (and still does)

LOL had to same thing happen last time I was down there. Was expecting to find my intestines in my pants after I’d ripped myself open it felt like I’d been knifed.

my vision went cloudy last time this happened to me, fkkk it hurts!

How bad was antisense’s butt bruise at the Shred last year!  gulp

cords - 30 June 2013 10:40 PM

The worst. Thankfully this hasn’t happened to me in ages, but damn does it hurt!  thumbsdown

rider26 - 01 July 2013 11:30 AM

The worst. Thankfully this hasn’t happened to me in ages, but damn does it hurt!  thumbsdown

This may be due to the amount you’ve been riding this year wink

Like everyone else has said, get yourself some decent protective gear, ie. wrist supports, knee/butt pads, helmet.  You will probably fall a lot on your first day and it will be on your butt, arms and knees.

drc13 - 01 July 2013 09:46 AM

Yeah since my butt injury last year I always wear skeletools impact shorts. I still have to admit to riding way more cautiously since as it fkn hurt (and still does)

LOL had to same thing happen last time I was down there. Was expecting to find my intestines in my pants after I’d ripped myself open it felt like I’d been knifed.

Hahaha a mate of NBG’s actually had blood in his pants one time

Happens to me way more than I would like it to. I found that this stuff really helps

Tailbone bruising was THE worst thing about learning to snowboard. I couldn’t do sit-ups at the gym for 3 weeks after my first weekend.

Impact shorts would definitely not go astray.

hey guys, i just got back from my first time snowboarding and…...... I FUCKING LOVED IT! thanks so much for all the advise and tips, it all helped me to pick it up relativity quickly smile im already planning when i can get out there next!

That’s awesome, Daniel. Really great to hear. Thanks for giving us the update. Hope to see you around here more often. Let us know if you have any other questions.  punch

feed your addiction Daniel haha, it only gets stronger! wink