The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What Are Your Wheels?

I just got some new Spitfire F1 Street Burners 52mm.
Super hard and fast wheel. In love with them!! They grip really well, but all slide great when I want them too. Couldnt be happier with them.

Had some of the Spitfire F1 Street Burners. At the start they were awesome to skate, had the hardness you want and the roll. Problem was that the wheels just didn’t last for me. Flat spotted them like crazy though on my last skate in OZ, put me of them after that. When I say flat spot I mean like octagon shaped at the end of it all.

Agree on that one CJ. Plus they are super slippery on any of the new parks… Spitfire need to do something with their hard wheels as they flatspot way to easy.

Coning and flatspotting have been common problems I have found with Spitty’s. About 15 years ago their wheels were at their peak.

bones STF’s dud!! they are the shit!! i have rode a few other wheels but as soon as i put them on i was instantly in love. they feel so good to ride, they feel hell good when you are just cruising around but they have amazing slide when you need it

What does everyone think about ricta chrome cores with the white lightning formula? I’m looking at new wheels and can’t decide between them and bones.

What about manton trucks are they to the same qaulity of indy’s because its either indy’s or manton trucks?

I haven’t skated Ricta myself, but from guys that I know that have unless they were cheap wouldn’t get them again. I’m not talking about guys that will just hate a product for the sake of it as well. Flat spots were the main issue they had with them. The new chrome ones look interesting, but I have always been of the mind set that if there is too much going on, then too much will go wrong.
Coretech did some of the best wheels, but unfortunately they are no longer. I would say go with Bones, unless you are getting the Rictas dirt cheap and then you can review them for us.
I haven’t had Indy’s for years after the quality dropped and I broke some. The new forged series look good if I was to try some it would be them. Current trucks I am skating are the Destructo D2 and I am really happy with them, they turn nice and grind well. From what I understand the Manton trucks come from the same factory as Destructo and Theeve so you will be getting a great product. Come with similar bushings to the Bones medium hardcore bushings so you are getting a quality product at a good price.
Let us know how you get on.

I haven’t skated Ricta myself, but from guys that I know that have unless they were cheap wouldn’t get them again. I’m not talking about guys that will just hate a product for the sake of it as well. Flat spots were the main issue they had with them. The new chrome ones look interesting, but I have always been of the mind set that if there is too much going on, then too much will go wrong.
Coretech did some of the best wheels, but unfortunately they are no longer. I would say go with Bones, unless you are getting the Rictas dirt cheap and then you can review them for us.
I haven’t had Indy’s for years after the quality dropped and I broke some. The new forged series look good if I was to try some it would be them. Current trucks I am skating are the Destructo D2 and I am really happy with them, they turn nice and grind well. From what I understand the Manton trucks come from the same factory as Destructo and Theeve so you will be getting a great product. Come with similar bushings to the Bones medium hardcore bushings so you are getting a quality product at a good price.

C J Parker - 26 June 2013 08:22 PM

I have had Ricta’s for a while now until I just got some generic shop wheels in Finland. They are super hard and feel like plastic toy wheels under the board. Not sure what I would get next because most wheels are so over priced.

I might just get bones STF then. I was only looking at the Ricta’s as they claimed they won’t flatspot much like the STF and i was worried the STF might slide out if i ride them on a concrete park. The Ricta claimed they would work on both well. Might search around and see what people say about them.

Manton’s look good and a friend skates the regular ones and says there good, might get the indy stage 11 as they are a bit cheaper on board shop and i can get wheels and bearings in the same order.

Heres what they claim http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqb57Cb0XVI

The formula for the STF wheels works really well, use to skate them at Bondi park and the little Shakey bowl. Didn’t slide out unless I wanted to.
Bones have been doing wheels for a long time now and have a great product, so you definitely can’t go wrong.

Might just get some STF’s then don’t want to pay the same for Ricta’s and then not like them.

What about bearings what are some good but pretty cheap ones? I’ve looked at mini logo, Independent or oust any better ones that are cheap?  Plus what to bearing spacers and speed rings do that come with the indy bearings and are they recomended or helpful in any way?

Mini logo are good, if you pay a little bit more you can get Reds and they are worth it. Oust are suppose to be good never had them but they are seriously researched.
All trucks should come with speed washers and I say use them. Not all bearings come with bearing spacers, but if you can use them, I say do it.
If the STF are too expensive, try the 100’s if not the Mini logo wheels are suppose to be good.

bkrtron - 27 June 2013 09:51 AM

I have had Ricta’s for a while now until I just got some generic shop wheels in Finland. They are super hard and feel like plastic toy wheels under the board. Not sure what I would get next because most wheels are so over priced.

Agree on hard, plastic feeling wheels I do not like that. That is the annoying thing with Spitfire they feel good at the start just don’t last.
That seems to be the thing with skate stuff in Scandinavia it is really expensive full stop for the good stuff.

C J Parker - 28 June 2013 07:36 AM
bkrtron - 27 June 2013 09:51 AM

Agree on hard, plastic feeling wheels I do not like that. That is the annoying thing with Spitfire they feel good at the start just don’t last.
That seems to be the thing with skate stuff in Scandinavia it is really expensive full stop for the good stuff.

Yeah I think Thrasher in Scandi is like $20 ... I bought my Ricta’s in Oz they were like $70 a set. It’s mental but I did feel like Kareem Campbell at the time smile City Stars!

Go for the Bones I reckon..any one had experience with Gold wheels?