The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Rookie/Intermediate from Denmark#2. BIG ups to SA.com!

Hey Boardworld, I posted a topic in the equipment section asking about equipment and explaining my level.

Link to topic: https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/9263/

I am currently in Austria, Bad Gastein snowboarding and I’m having a blast.

During this trip (which isn’t over yet, thank god!) I’ve gone from only being able to ride my board (Has no experience jumping, not even ollie/pop of small bumps on the slopes) to now being able to pop, ollie and do an indy grab:

Best pic of one of my indies I’ve landed:

Not quite sure if the picture is working (lousy net on the hotel so I can’t check it). But here’s a link:
/

I’ve purchased the instructionals from snowboardaddiction.com and I’ve enjoyed having them so much!

If you’re reading this and you’re like me on the slopes, I really can recommend the instructionals!

Regards,
Mathias

Nice, Mathias!

Glad you’re enjoying it….and you’re right - the snowboard addiction tutorials are awesome.

Are you still headed to Norway later in the season? I’m going to be hitting up Trysil a bit this season and probably going to Hemsedal in April. Sick!

Great stuff MOEZ!!!!!  shaka

Keep the updates comin!!!!!

Hey Mathias,

Great stuff man. Looks like you’re having a great time and progressing really well.

Thanks for the feedback. Snowboard Addiction rocks! I’ll send the link to this thread to Nev. He’ll be stoked.

Keep shredding! shaka

MOEZ - 10 January 2013 05:27 PM

Hey Boardworld, I posted a topic in the equipment section asking about equipment and explaining my level.

Link to topic: https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/9263/

I am currently in Austria, Bad Gastein snowboarding and I’m having a blast.

During this trip (which isn’t over yet, thank god!) I’ve gone from only being able to ride my board (Has no experience jumping, not even ollie/pop of small bumps on the slopes) to now being able to pop, ollie and do an indy grab:

Best pic of one of my indies I’ve landed:

Not quite sure if the picture is working (lousy net on the hotel so I can’t check it). But here’s a link:
/

I’ve purchased the instructionals from snowboardaddiction.com and I’ve enjoyed having them so much!

If you’re reading this and you’re like me on the slopes, I really can recommend the instructionals!

Regards,
Mathias

This is awesome! We love to hear from customers who have used our videos and gotten loads out of them. Really stoked dude, let us know how things go?

tight indy man, keep it up!

Thank you for the posts and encouragement guys!

SO rad you forwarded to Nev, haha dance

@Nev: The vacation here in Bad Gastein is over today, and I’m taking the bus to Denmark in one hour - been a great vacation beyond expectations, came here alone.. went home with four new friendships !

Progress wise I’ve nailed the Indy and can do it pretty much everywhere. I am now working on booning the Indy and I’m also working on the Stale grab. Also: Trying to improve on my powder riding.

Had a really nice couple of days with fresh snow and was able to make “snow clouds” (help me with the word?) and “surfing” (What we called it).. Again, for a lack of words: Where you ride the tail and pretty much ride vertical in the snow shaka

Here’s a pic of the stale:
(Didn’t stomp it tho, and I only managed to grab the edge for 0,1 sec so the actual grab was impossible to shoot teacherboy )

I’m now going home to see, and spend some time with the GF (gotta keep her happy) - until I go shredding in week four with four mates! This trip’s going to be in Avioraz, France. My goal is to be able to boone the indy, do a stale (perhaps with boone) and would VERY much like to get the confidence to start doing spins. As a final goal: Confidence to go all out on each jump, atm I clear the knuckle alright, but I would like to catch some serious air wink

As for my trip to norway, Cords, I’m not sure I’ll be able to go - depends! I’ll post it in here if I do.

Regards,
Mathias

Awesome progress man. I just got my 1 free video download from the WSD contest. The Snowboard Addiction vids are awesome, so detailed. I’m buying the DVD box set when I get paid next!

Koper - 18 January 2013 09:00 AM

Awesome progress man. I just got my 1 free video download from the WSD contest. The Snowboard Addiction vids are awesome, so detailed. I’m buying the DVD box set when I get paid next!

I prefer the download with subscription.  I’m pretty sure the latest vids are in HD so better than DVD, plus they’re already in a nice format to put on any of your smartphones, tablets or PCs.  The subscription keeps you up to date with the latest vids and is inexpensive.

UPDATE:

Got home from Avoriaz, France monday, January 28.

I didn’t hit the park as much as I would’ve liked because I was riding with my 5 mates on the regular groomed runs aswell.

I did, however, get courage to hit some intermediate kickers and get some nice air.

Trick-wise I am now able to do:
Indy, tweaked
mute, tweaked (when I get enough air, my grab on this one was a little slow)
stale, tweaked (when I get enough air, my grab on this one was a little slow)
Backside shifties
Nollie to tailpress on the snow

50-50 and Backside boardslide on boxes

I’ve learned all of this in the course of two weeks with 1 week break between the two.

Pic of the park:
I more or less rode the entire left side of the park and then I rode the “left” kickers (smaller ones) on the right side of the park.

regards,
Mathias

Hey Mathias, that’s awesome man! You definitely have the right attitude and it’s showing in your progression. Keep it up!

That photo is sick! The setup there looks awesome!

We also have to say that this is a sick park and would love to hit it. Maybe one day when we are over in Europe! Thanks for updating us with your progress Moez. We always smile when we hear the success you guys are having and encourages us to make more great vids to keep you dudes shredding for longer. Any suggestions of new tutorials is always great to hear. Thanks Snowboard Addiction Team

Koper - 18 January 2013 09:00 AM

To help you if you email us from our website I am sure we could help you out. Thanks for the post