The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Win a waterproof Tachyon XC micro video camera

Good comp! cant wait to see the footage! haha (best thing about this comp is that you make the winner follow through!)
i passed on your website to a few people that are interested in getting cams to.

get that footage up asap haha

WOOHOO!
Wow, totally didn’t expect to win this…
This is going to be interesting.. I dunno if I’m fit enough to traips around campus with a slab of beer with me..

For the record:

I will do it in full mountain gear, wearing my boardworld T-Shirt.
I may have a beer or two to start off, just to lighten the load!

Cheers for all the props and congrats to T-spec, just got your email mate. Boardworld is run really well and we have respect for that, so more than happy to get behind the place.

Yeah Mizo, well spotted, the Tachyon is a very underrated camera, as came out in that Transmoto article (sportscamera supplied ALL the cams to the mag for that test actually) note how well the little Mini DV MD80 did too, which is only $69 (for those of you on a super budget)

Crackers - you can bet your wooden leg we make ‘em follow through! Cheers for passing on the webby, that’s how people basically hear about us, slow process but getting there smile - imagine if you had won - we would’ve needed footage of you keelhauling someone or giving them cat o’ nine tails… haha.

So we’re thinking about another comp - any suggestions you boardworlders would like to make for the next comp theme? Not that we can’t think of something ourselves - just want to see how warped your shredder minds are.
You guys VS us and Jeremy for a killah comp theme - bring on the sickness!!

Sportscamera - 05 August 2010 12:07 PM

Cheers for all the props and congrats to T-spec, just got your email mate. Boardworld is run really well and we have respect for that, so more than happy to get behind the place.

Yeah Mizo, well spotted, the Tachyon is a very underrated camera, as came out in that Transmoto article (sportscamera supplied ALL the cams to the mag for that test actually) note how well the little Mini DV MD80 did too, which is only $69 (for those of you on a super budget)

Crackers - you can bet your wooden leg we make ‘em follow through! Cheers for passing on the webby, that’s how people basically hear about us, slow process but getting there smile - imagine if you had won - we would’ve needed footage of you keelhauling someone or giving them cat o’ nine tails… haha.

So we’re thinking about another comp - any suggestions you boardworlders would like to make for the next comp theme? Not that we can’t think of something ourselves - just want to see how warped your shredder minds are.
You guys VS us and Jeremy for a killah comp theme - bring on the sickness!!

Yeh well i for one dont mind talking up companies like yours that actually get involved, as well as give out good advice, hopefully we can put some customers through to you, so can keep doing it. plus we get to see the final product of the comp! 

as for the cat o nine tails etc…...maybe ill have to bust that out anyways! haha

Im off to think of a comp idea

haha, you’re a bad man Crackers wink

yeah get that brainbox thinking for sure.

We found another snowboard vid done with the Tachyon and put it on our blog. The fella’s first time using it, so he’ll sort how to get it more steady over time etc.
A really fun edit with a a range of riding in different light conditions - especially low light/night. thought you guys (generic sense of course) might want to check it out and get your “Mambo” on (you’ll get what i mean when you hear the crazy soundtrack, not what I woulda thought to put with it, but it made me laugh)

http://sportscamera.tumblr.com/post/909895519/snowboarding-with-the-tachyon-including-some-night

danblar - 26 July 2010 02:20 PM

This camera will be used to document the happenings of an epic road trip around North America. Travelling in our RV
we will be shreddin up Parks City, Colarado, Wyoming, Oregon, Big White and Whistler over a 6 month period. I’ll be setting up a weekly blog for all you forum members interested and with this sweet camera I will be able to upload little clips of the fun times we will be having. Footage will include day and night sessions both on the moutain and of surrounding street terrain, also we will be attending the Canadian Open, US Open and as we also skate… there will be a bit of that also as there are some rad skate parks in the States.

Cheers Dan

damn that sounds like alot of fun!!!! hope your gonna blog thoughout your trip bud smile

Rick0889 - 08 August 2010 10:17 AM

This camera will be used to document the happenings of an epic road trip around North America. Travelling in our RV
we will be shreddin up Parks City, Colarado, Wyoming, Oregon, Big White and Whistler over a 6 month period. I’ll be setting up a weekly blog for all you forum members interested and with this sweet camera I will be able to upload little clips of the fun times we will be having. Footage will include day and night sessions both on the moutain and of surrounding street terrain, also we will be attending the Canadian Open, US Open and as we also skate… there will be a bit of that also as there are some rad skate parks in the States.

Cheers Dan

damn that sounds like alot of fun!!!! hope your gonna blog thoughout your trip bud smile

yeh rick
for sure ill blog it, but no video in the blog now

Wooh! Camera arrived today!
Hopefully I’ll get the vid up by the end of the week, but med school is pretty busy atm.. Will endeavour!

danblar - 08 August 2010 01:09 PM

Cheers Dan

yeh rick

haha thats too bad, you had my vote buddy!!!!!

when does this anventure commence??

Rick0889 - 09 August 2010 09:58 AM
danblar - 08 August 2010 01:09 PM

Cheers Dan

yeh rick

haha thats too bad, you had my vote buddy!!!!!

when does this anventure commence??

starts early Dec mate

my mate got his Go pro HD cam last friday from sportscamera…...had it out in the surf today, works well! cant wait to see his footage! Might have to steal it some day and take it to the snow.

‘might’ haha definitely steal it for some sweet snow runs

T-Spec - 09 August 2010 09:36 AM

Wooh! Camera arrived today!
Hopefully I’ll get the vid up by the end of the week, but med school is pretty busy atm.. Will endeavour!

Haha really looking forward to this! Good luck with it T-Spec!  cool grin

Hey guys,

Sorry with the delay..
School been crazy busy last week.
Tried making my movie just then but the camera doesn’t do too well in the dark.
I’ll try again on Monday