The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Skateboarding Photography Contest 2012

Congrats guys, looking forward to seeing the winning photos and thoughts

Haha dang it! Thought I was having a good one. Congrats to both and everyone! :D

You posted some awesome shots, Beaglee. I have always thoroughly enjoyed your photos. Come back stronger next comp and see if you can take it out! shaka

I’ve already got a few lined up for the next one!

And how do we go about claiming prizes again…? raspberry

Beaglee - 22 October 2012 09:44 AM

And how do we go about claiming prizes again…? raspberry

Box Head - 22 October 2012 12:28 AM

Please email promo(at)boardworld.com.au to claim your prizes.

Cheers for the courtesy call Cam M. I had forgot all about checking the feed to see who the winners were.

Nice work Walker. Stoked to share half of the title with you for this comp. Cant wait now to see which pics were selected.

To everyone else, thanks for the Congrats’, and make sure you all keep them pics coming. I have being entering photos into the last 4 of these photo comps, and each time the standard steps up a notch. I am sure the next comp will continue in the same fashion.

Bring on the next one!!

With such limited competitive space in print media, this comp is Rad. A great place to check out what other Aussie crews are up to.

Peace

Hard flip on the pyramid hip, with all the skate homies of jamestown RI in the background

love how everyone is glowing

Here are some of the top rated photos from the two winners…

WALKER

Some feedback from the judges:

Great lighting, though-provoking composition, perfect timing, wouldn’t be out of place in any mag out there.
Very creative angles and composition, good pre-planning of shots. Good mix of tricks.
Great fucken stuff! Epic framing! Creative angles! Totally back it!
Serious talent. Great eye for composition. Mag ready shots.

ARLS

Some feedback from the judges:

Definitely some cool photos!
love the ‘grittiness’ of the shots. a talented photographer for sure
Artistic and perfectly captured
Great angles and a good mix of locations.
These are great. Some of the best shots from the comp.

Top shots there. My fav would prob be the Prahran vert ramp photo. Looks so good.

Box Head, is the new comp up and running? post in this thread or you starting a new one?